• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Post a picture of your Oilhead

And no respect for the venerable GS's out there . . .

Brunhilda, the lusty busty German wench is finally getting broken in, turning 70K on that last trip. Bought her several years ago with only 20K miles, but she's got to share riding time with all the other bikes-including that fab black R1100S!

Nice! I like black (why would that be? proud-daddy-syndrome...). This reminds me that I should still mount my hand guards. Are those the R1100GS ones?

Jacco

EDIT: Why the last ride for the season? You have the screen and the handguards?!? See www.yearroundriders.com (any excuse to squeeze in some ads... :))

Bear mountain is a georgous ride. Did you ride 7 lakes drive and go up Perkins drive to the top of the mountain. Great views of the Hudson River. After wards go over the Bear Mtn bridge make a left on 9w go to Cold Spring . At the bottom of the hill is an old train station, now a restaurant (mostly outdoor seating), and the commuter trains wiz by. After go over the rr tracks to the gazebo on the Hudson across the river to the left you'll see West Point. Great ride about 250 round trip miles for me . Living near Sandy Hook N.J.

Sorry, downloaded from iPhone and couldn't figure out how to turn pics��

Is it the original stock suspension? If so, you'll find even more to love with some aftermarket shocks.....

Have fun...Not every rider is comfortable with making a daily statement of style and good taste.

I traded two unwanted firearms for this bike. 88k miles, serviced meticulously from date of purchase at Seattle Ride West BMW until 66k until 2005, then falls off the face of the earth as far as service records. Engine seems very smooth and powerful, transmission I think has the 2-3 gear twitch��.

I really like the suspension and how the bike is confidence inspiring in how it handles. I know the bikes don't go for much, but with engine longevity and how it rides, I think I will either have transmission fixed or replace with an M97 if Ivan find one.

Beautiful bike, and beautiful environs to ride it...doesn't get much better!

(My lovely lady is a Wenatchee native. :) )

Its not an Oilhead, but....

....its what I'm riding now. The 1100S served me well over many years and continues to run as well now as when it was new. And for those who notice these things - its a K1200...S. :laugh

Attachments

• Outside Clinton.jpg
    Outside Clinton.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 148
....its what I'm riding now. The 1100S served me well over many years and continues to run as well now as when it was new. And for those who notice these things - its a K1200...S. :laugh

Similar colors to my RS. But, since my RS isn't an Oilhead, it would be inappropriate for me to a post picture on this subforum:nono

However, I must compliment you on your taste in colors

Last edited:

Looking good, even though it has two extra cylinders.:scratch

Enjoy!!! :dance

Congratulations BC1100S. You still have an S (and we will continue to work on a cure) and you have a thing for blue...and it looks good.

Back