• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Post a picture of your Oilhead

Does this mean you won't work on my bike anymore? Say it ain't so.

You found my post before I got around to sending the text out. Eventually, yes, I will be done working on Beemers. First to go was my bike - next is finishing up a gremlin hunt on a 1997 R1100RT. After that, selling off spares, and finally my friend in Medina with a R1100S and R90/6 has called dibs on the specialty tools. I've been spending too many hours wrenching, not enough playing and the R1100RS was barely getting ridden. It was time for a change. Hopefully your RS is in good shape for a while.

Last edited:
mighty slow around here

The RT Gremlin needed a 500 mile shakedown ride so here it is visiting the Big Muskie Bucket and Ohio River with my friend's S yesterday.

And I ran into my old bike at the Winking Lizard a week ago so it is getting some road time too.

Having to make frequent stops to refill the beautiful little aluminum tank on the S and trying to hurl the RT supertanker through the curves really made me appreciate what a great back roads bike my RS was. I bought it on looks and price, but I couldn't have had a better match for my riding.

You're being inconsistent with your significant digits. 5.00000mph = 8.04672kph. 5mph = 8kph

Reference: Mr. Long, Trigonometry class, Bald Eagle-Nittany HS, 1976.

True that, I'm nothing if not inconsistent.

SWMBO will attest to that! :)

My new to me 96 R1200RSL

I traded two unwanted firearms for this bike. 88k miles, serviced meticulously from date of purchase at Seattle Ride West BMW until 66k until 2005, then falls off the face of the earth as far as service records. Engine seems very smooth and powerful, transmission I think has the 2-3 gear twitch��.

I really like the suspension and how the bike is confidence inspiring in how it handles. I know the bikes don't go for much, but with engine longevity and how it rides, I think I will either have transmission fixed or replace with an M97 if Ivan find one.

Attachments

• IMG_1178.jpg
    IMG_1178.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 176
  • IMG_1185.jpg
    IMG_1185.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 176
Cabinet Mountains, Montana

En route Canada via Libby. Very smokey from the large number of wildfires burning in the northwest. But great riding nonetheless!

N%20Cabinet%20Mountains_zpsaiwnacqq.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Back