• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Post a picture of your Oilhead

Is that a stock color combo? Have never seen it but is sure pretty!
You had to ask....

Montauks came in three standard colors: Champagne Metallic, Arctic Blue & Sapphire Black. There were about 3300-3400 Montauks manufactured between 2003 & 2004 and sold as 2004 models, in these 3 colors. In total there were about 45,000 R1200C's, Montauks & R1200CL's manufactured.

In 2004 BMW announced the discontinuance of the cruiser line. In recognition of that, they built only 350 special edition, commemorative Piedmont Red and Titan Silver Montauks, the last of the cruisers. These were manufactured in late 2004 and sold as 2005 models. Of these 350 built, only 6 made it to North America, all of which ended up in Canada.

I jumped through some major hoops and political red tape to get this one home a few months back. I believe I now own the only "350" Montauk in the United States. I'm also trying to compile a list of owners of the other 349. So far I have made contact with one in Hamburg, Germany and have located 2 more in the Netherlands and Croatia, but have yet to make contact.

If the stars align, and Bill Weigand allows it, I have written a detailed article about this adventure to hopefully publish in the BMWON. The article is not complete yet, but soon.

Well....you did kind of ask....... :)

I was going to ask you if that was your Canadian adventure bike...answer given:thumb

Nice color combo I have not seen

My New Baby got delivered bright and early this morning!! Now the work to get her running again begins! :dance

View attachment 59685View attachment 59686View attachment 59687

That's an R850R ?...

A friend of mine , well versed in motorcycles, owned several types / brands....stumbled on one at [of all things] an estate sale. It needed [of course] a battery, & a few small issues tended to. It was / is the blue version of yours. He says it is the best, smoothest , most enjoyable to ride motorcycle he has ever owned. He has a zillion miles on it now, and about three other various models that just sit in the garage.

My point being....enjoy !! And let us know how ya like it.

You had to ask....

Montauks came in three standard colors: Champagne Metallic, Arctic Blue & Sapphire Black. There were about 3300-3400 Montauks manufactured between 2003 & 2004 and sold as 2004 models, in these 3 colors. In total there were about 45,000 R1200C's, Montauks & R1200CL's manufactured.

In 2004 BMW announced the discontinuance of the cruiser line. In recognition of that, they built only 350 special edition, commemorative Piedmont Red and Titan Silver Montauks, the last of the cruisers. These were manufactured in late 2004 and sold as 2005 models. Of these 350 built, only 6 made it to North America, all of which ended up in Canada.

I jumped through some major hoops and political red tape to get this one home a few months back. I believe I now own the only "350" Montauk in the United States. I'm also trying to compile a list of owners of the other 349. So far I have made contact with one in Hamburg, Germany and have located 2 more in the Netherlands and Croatia, but have yet to make contact.

If the stars align, and Bill Weigand allows it, I have written a detailed article about this adventure to hopefully publish in the BMWON. The article is not complete yet, but soon.

Well....you did kind of ask....... :)

THAT is a great story and happy I asked !! You are a lucky guy as that is a pretty bike and rare!!

THAT is a great story and happy I asked !!

You tossed him a softball, Ed. :D

One of my buddies once pasted a sticker on the back of my helmet (when I wasn't looking) that said: "Ask me about my bike; make sure you've got a couple of hours..." :)

That's an R850R ?...

A friend of mine , well versed in motorcycles, owned several types / brands....stumbled on one at [of all things] an estate sale. It needed [of course] a battery, & a few small issues tended to. It was / is the blue version of yours. He says it is the best, smoothest , most enjoyable to ride motorcycle he has ever owned. He has a zillion miles on it now, and about three other various models that just sit in the garage.

My point being....enjoy !! And let us know how ya like it.

This is my plan!! Loved the bike from the first I saw it. Cant wait to ride it!

Speaking of Mount St. Helens.....

Oooh, beautiful bike! I do like that color (ah, colour . . . ). And either side of Mt St Helens is a fine ride.

Both my wife and I climbed the old St Helens, years before it lost it top. I was overseas but my wife was living on Whidbey Island at the time and heard the explosion way up there.

For those who live or tour the PNW a visit to St Helens should be a bucket list item. After all, there's lots more active volcanoes where that one came from . . . :evil

I was there last June.

I was there in 2000. Got lucky , in that it too was a beautiful day. It was / is spooky ? when ya read the facts & stats. And the end of the film shown @ the visitors center will raise the hair on the back of anyone's neck.

Funny, traveling to the Salem shindig I took a picture from that same viewpoint.

Albeit with a nicer looking S bike. :wave

Well, isn't that that a coincidence - that's when this picture was taken. Of course, being on a Pacific Blue S, I got up there way before you. :laugh

Glad the therapy went well! I'll stock up on beer.

Nice. Looks like the south or souteast side, from FR 25 or nearby.

Glad to see another pic of that sweet S too. Just put a new battery and fuel filter in mine; neglected to buy a clean airfilter so another trip. Stripping bodywork isn't my favorite thing so want to do what it needs while I'm replacing the battery. I've a receipt from the PO showing a battery replacement in 2002; nothing since! Not surprised it's getting pretty weak.

Naked S.jpg

Back