• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Post a picture of your Oilhead

Hey

Some of us S bikers have a affinity for R bikes too...just sayin! :dance

View attachment 58339

Had some really excellent rides on my R (aka Quicksilver)

Cheers!

Almost like mine '04. Same color too! No extra lights. Mine had bar backs and a tall Parabellum shield. Also a BMW small police clip board on the gas cap, that was to write tickets. Just kidding on the tickets. I called it the Silver Fox. :thumb

Almost like mine '04. Same color too! No extra lights. Mine had bar backs and a tall Parabellum shield. Also a BMW small police clip board on the gas cap, that was to write tickets. Just kidding on the tickets. I called it the Silver Fox. :thumb

The Sargent seat, Hella FF-50's, and the Cee Baileys screen that I later added, made for a really excellent ride. But when my wife decided to quit riding pillion, it wasn't overly difficult to transition to an S. :)

My first BMW bike.

I excited to get started on my new journey with my first BMW 1150RT.

Attachments

• 00u0u_1xe0pgnRrZx_1200x900.jpg
    00u0u_1xe0pgnRrZx_1200x900.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 181
  • BMW.jpg
    BMW.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 181
DSCN6570.jpgttach]58473[/attach

On the tarmac at Vancouver BC awaiting to board for the flight to Amsterdam 13 June 2016

Then getting prepared in Charles De Gual in Paris to be shipped to Calgary Alberta Sept 6 2016

Put 22,000 miles from Amsterdam to the Nordkapp in Norway to the BMW Motorradd rally in Garmish Germany and around Europe.

Attachments

• DSCN0027.jpg
    DSCN0027.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 327
Last edited:
Northern California in October

I had the chance to ride south for an airhead event in Manchester California, so naturally I didn't take the airhead, I rode the S-bike!

US 191 near Crescent City California.

BTB%20US191%20Along%20Smith%20River_zpsn5mi0em8.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Babe looked jealous; Paul said he liked the bike.

BTB%20Paul%20and%20Babe_zpsxjyotrjo.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

These guys make great beer . . .

BTB%20North%20Coast%20Brewing%20Ft%20Bragg_zpseo1yni6y.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Point Arena Lighthouse. Restored and operational.

BTB%20Point%20Arena%20Light_zpsp5ihslax.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Is there a way to raise the seat on these things?

Clean machine there, Sarge. Don't see many of those around. As far as raising the seat, one could always sit on a phone book. Experiment with different towns and cities until you get the right height. I know, not helpful. :laugh

Last edited:
Clean machine there, Sarge. Don't see many of those around. As far as raising the seat, one could always sit on a phone book. Experiment with different towns and cities until you get the right height. I know, not helpful. :laugh

I'd take your advice but in my town of less than 1000 our phone book is more of a pamphlet! :)

Back