• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Post a picture of your Oilhead

budget build

Here's mine ..... first-time owner got it cheap and stripped all the "fugly" off.

Attachments

• IMG_20160418_184621.jpg
    IMG_20160418_184621.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 208
Definitely "Dudeist". :)

I've sometimes wondered if cagers "see" authority bikes better?:scratch

Welcome to Oilheads!:dance

After 30+ years of working around "emergency" vehicles ? I'd say no! If they can't / don't, see a firetruck coming & pull in front of them ?....well?

After 30+ years of working around "emergency" vehicles ? I'd say no! If they can't / don't, see a firetruck coming & pull in front of them ?....well?

Ron,

26 years in Fire/EMS, and I agree!

Running Code thru South Reno one night many, many moons ago, had a drunk who would NOT pull right. After about six or seven blocks of this nonsense, and two Reno PD cars came out of nowhere and basically forced the idiot off the road. Later that year, that same engine (different operator) was totaled in a roll over accident involving....a drunk driver.

About 10 years ago I was knocked off my Ducati (red Duc, high beam on) in broad daylight on the freeway by a driver on a cell phone (she told the trooper she'd been calling her boss to let him know she was running late). When she told the trooper that she "never saw me", trooper replied, "no ma'am, you never LOOKED!"

Cheers!

Ron,

26 years in Fire/EMS, and I agree!

Running Code thru South Reno one night many, many moons ago, had a drunk who would NOT pull right. After about six or seven blocks of this nonsense, and two Reno PD cars came out of nowhere and basically forced the idiot off the road. Later that year, that same engine (different operator) was totaled in a roll over accident involving....a drunk driver.

About 10 years ago I was knocked off my Ducati (red Duc, high beam on) in broad daylight on the freeway by a driver on a cell phone (she told the trooper she'd been calling her boss to let him know she was running late). When she told the trooper that she "never saw me", trooper replied, "no ma'am, you never LOOKED!"

Cheers!

Hard to imagine isn't it ? Years back a woman in a Nova ! busted through an intersection ...hit a pumper so hard ,..she knocked it over...a full sized pumper , 500 gal of water on board & 6 firefighters....and gear loaded.

Hard to imagine isn't it ? Years back a woman in a Nova ! busted through an intersection ...hit a pumper so hard ,..she knocked it over...a full sized pumper , 500 gal of water on board & 6 firefighters....and gear loaded.

Amazing! Nova must have been really moving...

Mostly bumps & bruises for the crew as I recall...oddly enough , they scrambled out & tended to her .....I just cannot remember if she survived ?

This was 30+ yrs ago.

Hard to believe she could have survived....though ya never really know, do ya? Helped extricate a guy once who literally wrapped his '67 Impala around a steel utility pole after departing I-80 at 120+. He walked out of the hospital the next morning. I'm sure you've had similar experiences. There, but for the grace of...

Hard to believe she could have survived....though ya never really know, do ya? Helped extricate a guy once who literally wrapped his '67 Impala around a steel utility pole after departing I-80 at 120+. He walked out of the hospital the next morning. I'm sure you've had similar experiences. There, but for the grace of...

So true,

Part of my job involved me in accident investigations. In the same week I saw a full sized Dodge [St Regis] that hit a pole , est. 30-35 mph , skidmarks present . No interior damage, driver [seat belt on] was killed.

Later that week a kid in a Honda Civic hit a pole so hard the car ended up in 3 pieces..body split, engine & trans assembly thrown from it.The responding officer said that when he arrived on scene the kid was sitting on the curb smoking a cigarette. ........go figure...:scratch

Welcome burdette:wave

Excellent 04 Roadster, though the black ones are faster:D Enjoy the ride and the club.Looks like an aftermarket saddle already...all good!

Take a minute to fill in your profile...nice to know who and where folks are from.

So true,

Part of my job involved me in accident investigations. In the same week I saw a full sized Dodge [St Regis] that hit a pole , est. 30-35 mph , skidmarks present . No interior damage, driver [seat belt on] was killed.

Later that week a kid in a Honda Civic hit a pole so hard the car ended up in 3 pieces..body split, engine & trans assembly thrown from it.The responding officer said that when he arrived on scene the kid was sitting on the curb smoking a cigarette. ........go figure...:scratch

Hard to figure, isn't it. Same area of the Impala crash, a few weeks later we showed up at the scene of a rear ender. Petite Asian lady in the passenger seat of the Chevy wagon in front was not wearing a seat belt, damage to the cars so minimal you almost couldn't see it. She ended up paralyzed from the waist down.

Last edited:
Well, at least y'all aren't talking about motorsickle crashes . . . . yet!

(I hope it stays that way)!

Seabeck, I think I owe you some money. Want to come to the Washington State BMW Club meeting this Sunday, 0900, Harbor Place at Cottsmore in Gig Harbor? I'll bring a checkbook! :wave

PS. Notice you have the BMW sport screen. If you want a bigger screen for cooler parts of the year, check out Cee Baileys, they make a screen (variety of sizes) that bolts right to the sport screen mount. It's a 10 minute job to swap... :)

Oh, one more comment. Easy to mount Hella FF 50's under those cooler shrouds, gives a lot more light and makes a good light triangle for conspicuity.

Cheers!

Well, at least y'all aren't talking about motorsickle crashes . . . . yet!

(I hope it stays that way)!

Seabeck, I think I owe you some money. Want to come to the Washington State BMW Club meeting this Sunday, 0900, Harbor Place at Cottsmore in Gig Harbor? I'll bring a checkbook! :wave

I'll be there, even if I have to ride four wheels (bike out of service with a battery problem). I've kept missing meetings with other "stuff" getting scheduled by SWMBO. But put this meeting on my calendar in March. :)

See ya!:dance

Update 2138hrs, Seabeck. Bike now starts, for sure see y'all in Gig Harbor. Want to meet up and ride there together? Cheers...B

Last edited:
Back