• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Post a picture of your Oilhead

Another beautiful S bike! Thanks for sharing...

You in Cedar Rapids? (Fort Dodge transplant here, so truly understand weather comments)

Cheers! :dance

Another beautiful S bike! Thanks for sharing...

You in Cedar Rapids? (Fort Dodge transplant here, so truly understand weather comments)

Cheers! :dance

Yes, CR area.

Ironic, I also have a connection near where you are. My wife is from Poulsbo and I lived in the NW for 10 years, have been to Seabeck many times.

Fall%20in%20Pennsylvania%20low%20res.jpg

One less S on this thread. After 10 years of ownership, I've sold my 2004 R1100S. I will miss it dearly but it has become less comfortable for me to ride.

One less S on this thread. After 10 years of ownership, I've sold my 2004 R1100S. I will miss it dearly but it has become less comfortable for me to ride.

I get that, getting my share of aches and pains. Still likin' the S though. Barbacks and lowered pegs.

BTW, how did you like that Corbin seat? Looks like you put a lot of miles on it before you sold the bike. Most of the one's I've had have been too hard.

BTW, how did you like that Corbin seat? Looks like you put a lot of miles on it before you sold the bike. Most of the one's I've had have been too hard.

I think I was still breaking that seat in up until the very end. :) For local rides I used a bead rider and for longer rides I used an air hawk seat.

One less S on this thread. After 10 years of ownership, I've sold my 2004 R1100S. I will miss it dearly but it has become less comfortable for me to ride.[/QUOTE]

Sometimes we just move along, sometimes with regrets, sometimes not. Worry not, we S folks still think you're okay! :love

Cheers!

PS. On the Corbin front, I inherited my first Corbin on a Suzi GS1000S. Compared to a stock Suzi seat of the same vintage, the Corbin was awful. A few years later purchased my first Ducati. Switched to a custom Corbin on that one, in that case the Corbin was cushy compared to the stock seat...lol. Guess it somewhat depends on the perspective. :scratch

BTW, how did you like that Corbin seat?

I've had mine on my S for about 50,000 km and I love it. Went from Vancouver to Billings (and back) last year with no issues. Most I've done in one day with it is 1,100 km. If one is long-of-leg, one might find it a tad cramped. I've got a 32 inch inseam and it suits me just fine. :thumb

Back