• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Post a picture of your Oilhead

Congratulations and welcome to, in my opinion, the best BMW forum around. That is one flashy motorcycle. It appears to have an aftermarket shock on it, too. Only downside to a BCR is no centre stand but there's no beating its looks.

Thank you. It's lovely to be here and I've already dived into the deep end of monitoring and posting here. I'm not shy.

The shock(s) are Wilburs, front and rear and I like them already. My Ducati is Ohlins equipped and this first experience for me with Wilburs suggests they are in the same league, very nice performing. I've owned Penske and WP equipment as well, and the Wilburs stand right up to them all in respect to performance. They flat work on this bike and by good fortune are sprung properly for me. The Wilbur paperwork came with the bike and provides the details.

No center stand is a disadvantage. It's an important bit but I do have a lift table and again, more good fortune, the bike came with both front (Pit Bull) and rear (BMW) stands. It is ironic that I have a Ducati with a center stand and a BMW without one. :)

R1150RT - The "RT's" have it...

I don't think I would enjoy riding any other bike as much as my RT. It is so comfortable to ride and performs very well. The looks of the RT are classic and clean. I'm forever a BMW fan. I've taken many long evening rides up the coast of Maine.

I noticed that most of the Harley guys wave to me when they see the bike, that didn't happen often on my Suzuki GS650.

Not sure if anyone has been to 'Bentley's Saloon', if not check it out, it's in Arundel, ME. It's a fun place to visit and LOT's of bikes there in the summer.

Joe

I don't think I would enjoy riding any other bike as much as my RT. It is so comfortable to ride and performs very well. The looks of the RT are classic and clean. I'm forever a BMW fan. I've taken many long evening rides up the coast of Maine.

I noticed that most of the Harley guys wave to me when they see the bike, that didn't happen often on my Suzuki GS650.

Not sure if anyone has been to 'Bentley's Saloon', if not check it out, it's in Arundel, ME. It's a fun place to visit and LOT's of bikes there in the summer.

Joe

Joe,

I think everyone in NYC and Boston is on Highway 1 between Portsmouth and Arcadia in the summer. Wonderfull/fantastic area, otherwise.

Enjoy the RT......looks sharp.

Welcome to the Forum miker:wave

I'll move this to Hexheads shortly, it's what we call that series here.

And BTW there are a few of us here...have a Black one as well...yours looks pretty sweet, nice shot:thumb

The Battle of the Legends was a "race" series BMW ran from 1992-1997. They started with the R100R and moved to the new R1100RS when they were released. Was kind of fun to watch some of the old timers (Don Emde, Yvon DuHamel, Roger Reiman, Mark Brelsford and a bunch more) at Daytona when they first started. BMW took the bikes and turned they over to dealers to sell as new when they were done with them. This one was ridden by top speed legend Don Vesco. I don't know if its a true "special edition" but more of signed one-of-one I guess.

ordinary.
stock.
'02
IMG_7768_w1000_zpsaz81r7wa.jpg

SAM_18_635603562606453838_Collage_zps9rtyk967.jpg

That is sweet - take that you S bikes - the RS was racing before you were a twinkle in some engineer's eye.

Using that logic, so was every other bike ever raced. Nice try but S riders are very resilient and immune to your feeble efforts at ridicule. :laugh

Back