• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Post a picture of your Oilhead

RS bump - Been meaning to post these - was in Vermont a few months back - great roads not to mention ski resorts

Attachments

• Mt Snow.jpg
    Mt Snow.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 263
  • IMG_0002.jpg
    IMG_0002.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 260
I've always thought that was a great color scheme...for an RS.:)

Looks like seriously nice riding territory...wish I had the stamina to rid that far!

Cheers! B

I've always thought that was a great color scheme...for an RS.:)

Cheers! B

Well, I can see why those colors might look attractive to you . . . .

DSCF2694_zpsrkyveaks.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Though I'm still groovin' on the Dark Knight on the left . . .

A secret little confession.

Years ago, I talked a work compatriot into buying a lightly used RS. Nice machine with a few options. Solid black color. He was the type that bought and sold motorcycles constantly. Don't believe he ever owned any particular bike for more than a year or so. We've lost touch, but last time I saw him he was in his 14th year riding that RS.

Guess some people actually like 'em! :scratch

I think this falls into the "No accounting for taste" category. :laugh

PS Glad to see you're still terrorizing the roads of NW Washington. :thumb

Careful using the word "terrorizing", ya never know who might be reading this.

I don't wanna end up on someone's no fly list... :lol

A secret little confession.

Years ago, I talked a work compatriot into buying a lightly used RS. Nice machine with a few options. Solid black color. He was the type that bought and sold motorcycles constantly. Don't believe he ever owned any particular bike for more than a year or so. We've lost touch, but last time I saw him he was in his 14th year riding that RS.

Guess some people actually like 'em! :scratch

... or they are really hard to sell because nobody wants to buy them.

RS bump - Been meaning to post these - was in Vermont a few months back - great roads not to mention ski resorts

Jambx, looks like you eliminated the rear mud guard. What did you use to mount the license plate? I want to do his to the red bike.

My 2003 R1150RS & miles and miles of sunflowers, during my Pirsig Pilgrimage in South Dakota - September 2015

Attachments

• DSC_4202.jpg
    DSC_4202.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 198
Jambx, looks like you eliminated the rear mud guard. What did you use to mount the license plate? I want to do his to the red bike.

Yes - I just had to chop off that hideous rear guard / a plate holder. I will snap a few pics this week and send them to you - basically I took a piece of plastic scribed the plate and drilled some tabs which screwed up under the rear fender area - the transformed the rear end into a much more aggressive look since the entire rear wheel is now exposed (I of course also ditched the charcoal can as well). Cost nothing but maybe 30 minutes of my time - I highly recommend it!

Yes - I just had to chop off that hideous rear guard / a plate holder. I will snap a few pics this week and send them to you - basically I took a piece of plastic scribed the plate and drilled some tabs which screwed up under the rear fender area - the transformed the rear end into a much more aggressive look since the entire rear wheel is now exposed (I of course also ditched the charcoal can as well). Cost nothing but maybe 30 minutes of my time - I highly recommend it!

Nice mod, really tidies up the back end of the bike. :thumb

Awesome! I look forward to the pictures.

Cousins

KIMG0453.jpg

I was gonna be a :jester and comment that RS cleaned up real nice w/out the big fender...oh I kind of did:wave

Sweet! "Oilheads forever . . . . "

Maybe we should start another club, the "Oilhead Beemer Club" along the lines of the Airhead Beemer Club (I'm #11949 . . . ). Call it the OBC. Motto could be "Somewhat Complicated by Choice." Maybe try to convince Paul and Voni to be the first two members . . . :brow

Seriously (well, sorta) the ABC was begun by folks not happy with the increased complexity and cost of the new oilhead engine and bikes. Now, these many years later the oilheads with all their idiosyncrasies have become in effect a marvel of simplicity compared to the new electronic wonderbikes.

Sweet lineup of bikes there, for sure.

Back