• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Post a picture of your Oilhead

not perfect, still a bit noisy, but much less buffeting than stock and since someone else had already rattle canned it black... why not cut it up and turn the chunk I removed into a DIY laminar lip. I tried it without the lip initially after I cut it down and it was horrible. For a few minutes of work and $5 in parts, it isn't half bad.

Nicely done. :thumb

Nicely done. :thumb

Combined with these, my version of the not quite an S conversion kit.

IMG_4890.JPG

My new "S"

RS rider beware - I have recruited another S rider. He will be posting a picture of a gorgeous red one soon. :D
I couldn't resist, but before someone throws out my post, hear me out-
1. I bought it at a BMW dealer (they only sell BMW's, except for their trade ins)
2. It is an oilhead and a wethead (oil cooler and radiators)
3. Honda VFR800 performance very close to the R1100S (but slightly faster)

Replacement for my R1100S, and a lot of fun. But not as comfy as my GSA.WP_20151007_10_37_59_Pro_Honda_Skyline_Dr.jpg

I couldn't resist, but before someone throws out my post, hear me out-
1. I bought it at a BMW dealer (they only sell BMW's, except for their trade ins)
2. It is an oilhead and a wethead (oil cooler and radiators)
3. Honda VFR800 performance very close to the R1100S (but slightly faster)

Replacement for my R1100S, and a lot of fun. But not as comfy as my GSA.View attachment 52633

You keep your leprechaun in the tent?

I couldn't resist, but before someone throws out my post, hear me out....

I'm listening but nothing you're saying makes any sense - typical Honda rider. :D

That's a relatively new bike - was it traded in because the original purchaser got his soul back, realized the Honda didn't have one, and bought a BMW? :laugh Just kidding, I don't think there's much bad you can say about your new bike. Congrats on the new addition! :thumb

And lastly, was that picture taken on the Blue Ridge Parkway?

You keep your leprechaun in the tent?
This is the VFR 800 LC (Large Cargo) version. So it should hold more than one leprechaun, plus a troll, a gargoyle, and a hobgoblin or two.

That's a relatively new bike - was it traded in because the original purchaser got his soul back, realized the Honda didn't have one, and bought a BMW?
my understanding is that it was traded in on a 2015 R1200RT

And lastly, was that picture taken on the Blue Ridge Parkway?
a little North of Blue Ridge Parkway - Skyline Drive through the Shenandoah National Park in Virginia. I would bet Bluehole once stood on this very spot! :dance

Hey, I have had nothing but BMW's since 1978 - sometimes need to see what the rest of the world has been up to

Wow. Nice setting. Real nice bike. What is the story behind Heidi?

K75S, yes I have been on the Skyline rive a few times. Isn't the speed limit ridiculously low...like 35 mph? How did you get through there without a ticket?

Welcome to the forum hoppy:wave

Nice S and locale! Be ready for some snarky RS owner comments...all in fun of course:violin

K75S, yes I have been on the Skyline drive a few times. Isn't the speed limit ridiculously low...like 35 mph? How did you get through there without a ticket?
You are correct, it is 35 MPH. Funny about getting a ticket - I noticed a car that caught up with me (I was going 35 MPH). Looked back again a few moments later and there was a park police car with flashing lights behind that car pulling him over. They are dead serious about that 35 MPH!

You are so close to some magnificent riding and interesting places :thumb

I would bet Bluehole once stood on this very spot!

He, his RS, and the trailer he used to get it there. :laugh

When I was an "easterner" I used to regularly ride the SD/BRP from Front Royal, Virginia into Tennessee. Speed limit was 35 on the SD and 45 on the BRP. I typically did between 60 and 70. Never got a ticket but if I had, I would have considered it the price of admission for riding such a great road. If they set up a toll booth at the beginning of it charging 100 bucks for access, I would have gladly paid it. (I did once get a stern warning from a ranger just as I crossed into North Carolina)

Oh, and I rode it on Hondas. :thumb

Back