• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Post a picture of your Oilhead

Congrats. So, where is greater Puget Sound?

We live near Seabeck :))) on the Hood Canal, about 20 miles west of downtown Seattle as the seagulls fly. GPS is considered to be the areas west of the Cascades, and east of the Olympic Mountains / Peninsula. Our home has views of the Olympic range, but no direct view of the Hood Canal. The Canal (some 70 plus miles in length) is considered to be the only true fjord on the west coast.

Nice place to be...:dance

The Canal (some 70 plus miles in length) is considered to be the only true fjord on the west coast...

...of the US. Google Map "Port Alberni" for one just north of you.

On the new place: I hope one of those garages is reserved for the "S" !

...of the US. Google Map "Port Alberni" for one just north of you.

On the new place: I hope one of those garages is reserved for the "S" !

Thanks for the clarification, you're correct...again! :)

The V70T and the Avaloon go in the big garage. The smaller garage door is specifically for the S, and the lawn mower. Hopefully I'll be riding the S more than the mower this summer. LOL

Cheers! :dance

We live near Seabeck :))) on the Hood Canal, about 20 miles west of downtown Seattle as the seagulls fly. GPS is considered to be the areas west of the Cascades, and east of the Olympic Mountains / Peninsula. Our home has views of the Olympic range, but no direct view of the Hood Canal. The Canal (some 70 plus miles in length) is considered to be the only true fjord on the west coast.

Nice place to be...:dance

Back in May, this years vacation was spent visiting family 45-miles north of you, in the rain shadow. Yes, a very nice area.

You guys need to form your own little interest group. May I suggest the "S heads"?...

Right about now I'm thinking that YOU'RE thinking you're pretty funny.

Well, it did generate a slight grin when I read it. We will take your suggestion into consideration.

Of course, turn about is fair play, so...... for you and your ilk, I can suggestion - "RSheads". Say it fast and run the R and the S together to get the secret message. :laugh

You guys need to form your own little interest group. May I suggest the "S heads"? It's simple and catchy........like the "Airheads"

I guess I'm a little slow. Can you please spell out what "S heads" stands for? :lol

Now that k75s and I have graduated to GS wetheads, we are forming an exclusive partnership wherein we will ride together from the fruited plains of the Midwest to the great gathering of GS riders from everywhere in the Big Horn mountains. I look forward to participating in whatever secret rituals, chicken sacrifices, etc., which have been planned for the GS Giants. These rituals are by their nature designed to exclude S-heads, which upon touching their silly smooth street tires and tiny, little sporty handlebars to the slightest bit of gravel, immediately and carefully come to a complete stop, do a U-turn, and high-tail it for the asphalt. Wish us well, and if anyone should happen to be traveling in our same general direction around July 16-19, you may find that we are not so exclusive and would love to be in your company. There will be no super slabs on our route, only the most twisted and delightful roads Kansas and Nebraska have to offer. That's what the travel brochures have promised anyway. :beer

Now that k75s and I have graduated to GS wetheads, we are forming an exclusive partnership wherein we will ride together from the fruited plains of the Midwest to the great gathering of GS riders from everywhere in the Big Horn mountains.

Are we to assume that you are attending the rally in Billings? If yes, I hope you're thirsty!

Back in May, this years vacation was spent visiting family 45-miles north of you, in the rain shadow. Yes, a very nice area.

45 miles north of here is quite lovely. 415 feet south of our current location is our one and only grandson. :dance

We are definitely NOT in the rain shadow. :)

Cheers!

These rituals are by their nature designed to exclude S-heads, which upon touching their silly smooth street tires and tiny, little sporty handlebars to the slightest bit of gravel, immediately and carefully come to a complete stop, do a U-turn, and high-tail it for the asphalt.

Now, I can't speak for the diminutive "S", which some may call "cute", but I can say that I've seen very few GS's wearing anymore dirt than my trusty RS. Admittedly, I'm not the most fastidious RS owner, so the washing's are fairly infrequent and thus presents a fairly low standard.

Are we to assume that you are attending the rally in Billings? If yes, I hope you're thirsty!
You betcha! When can we all get together to quench ourselves? I'd enjoy that. :drink

Always said you had a great lookin' S, Steve...
Totally agree. That's a sweet looking S.

Now, I can't speak for the diminutive "S", which some may call "cute", but I can say that I've seen very few GS's wearing anymore dirt than my trusty RS. Admittedly, I'm not the most fastidious RS owner, so the washing's are fairly infrequent and thus presents a fairly low standard.
Some say a clean GS is a dirty shame. A dirty RS would be a welcome companion. Does your RS have more dirt than this?

2015-04-25 16.05.29 (800x600).jpg
(Please indulge one wethead photo)

Does your RS have more dirt than this?

About as dirty as I can get it.
4JiLFR-6wX1SGaS-Eiq4yC5M0nRJdl4lCQ9Uv7laxSw=w1359-h1019-no

B2aT3H9ROS5fXQ0kBUr0CoOvvXonyA2QzwvGkBXFMD4=w1359-h1019-no

6JSWqFHKH0U28BimVO3GOofM0R-ItfzGPFsIjpWqIfU=w1359-h1019-no

m@

Back