• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Post a picture of your Oilhead

I knew I should have put it in the garage last night.

That's a camhead getting what it deserves. Kidding!

A couple of buckets of room-temperature water will take care of that (provided the outside temp is over 32F). Just pour it on and watch the snow disappear.

My oilhead

I have had this 04 R1150RT since 2008 and added the sidecar last month.

Attachments

• IMG_20150412_133741.jpg
    IMG_20150412_133741.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 197
I am about 90 minutes away from the Blue Ridge Parkway. This is a good time of year to visit. Little traffic and the views are good. Yes, it would be nice to do it on an S, but there that 45 mph speed limit. :)

It never seemed to slow me down when I was on it :burnout. Fortunately never had to contribute to the Policemen's Benevolent Fund either!

You live a great part of the USA....ya bastid. :laugh

X2! Looks like a beautimus day back there...I'm Evergreen (State) envious. :)

I'll add mine to this lovely showing

From a trip up Arizona 191 and then back through the Salt River Canyon.
IMG_0111.JPG

My wife rides the 98 R1100R and I am on the R1200C.
IMG_0081.JPG

The Copper color Chrome head is my brothers
IMG_0046.JPG

And wait for it... the best oilhead ever made!
20140531_162115.jpg

Picture is from our trip to the rally in Minneapolis last summer. The F650CS is my wife's other bike.
20140723_134232.jpg

Hang on, that's not an "S". :D

Great pictures, though. :thumb

The "Red Bike" made it to my dad's garage around 96 and that was the moment I fell in love with BMWs. The red, beautiful lines, and knock you back acceleration caused for endless imaginative possibilities. When the R1100S appeared, I fell in love again with BMW motorcycles. After many years and and another owner, the Red Bike is in my garage and the only way that this love affair can continue is someday there will have to be an S.

m@

mwatrous,

thanks for those pictures. Very nice. If you want to have some fun with the S guys, ask them about colors. They take their colors very seriously. You did Minnesota last year. You off to Billings this year?

There is only one colour - Pacific Blue.

All real men are riding to Billings this year. :laugh

Pacific Blue, aka Pathetic Blue. :)

And the beat goes on, the beat goes on... :dance

(and please note, our Northerly friends have an odd way of spelling color.) :scratch

The "Red Bike" made it to my dad's garage around 96 and that was the moment I fell in love with BMWs. The red, beautiful lines, and knock you back acceleration caused for endless imaginative possibilities. When the R1100S appeared, I fell in love again with BMW motorcycles. After many years and and another owner, the Red Bike is in my garage and the only way that this love affair can continue is someday there will have to be an S.

m@

BTW, I poke a bit of fun at you folks who ride RS's. But they are really nice bikes. :)

Welcome to the funny farm!

Back