• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Post a picture of your Oilhead

Another picture for the RS...I mean Oilhead thread. :)

Leaving Jamestown Island. Sandy Bay in the background. In the distance is the Colonial Parkway.

Lookin' good, Bluehole! :brow

I forgot to tell you guys that when I traded in my '95 RS, Jeff-the-parts-guy at Gateway BMW bought it. I couldn't help noticing he passed over a number of nice S models and went for the RS. Here it is lined up with other employee bikes one day in December.

RS.jpg

...and it is in "first place". :)

Mark M, I accidentally end up looking at the Wethead pictures the other day. Interesting how you and k75s are only a few pictures apart. You two need to post more pictures. Way too quiet over there. :)

....Jeff-the-parts-guy at Gateway BMW bought it. I couldn't help noticing he passed over a number of nice S models and went for the RS.

I don't know Jeff-the-parts-guy but he obviously made a huge error which will come back to haunt him later in life.

:laugh

You two need to post more pictures. Way too quiet over there. :)

Yeah, surprised there is not more smack talk :blah between the GS and GSA riders.

I guess we could start something here. Let's see, MarkM owned an RS and I owned an S. Now MarkM owns a GS and I own a GSA.

WIN - WIN for me !!! :nyah

Yeah, surprised there is not more smack talk :blah between the GS and GSA riders.

I guess we could start something here. Let's see, MarkM owned an RS and I owned an S. Now MarkM owns a GS and I own a GSA.

WIN - WIN for me !!! :nyah

I just hope that fat pig of a GSA can keep up! :nyah back at ya!

Oh, and nice looking S there bkelleyjr -- black looks great -- much better than school bus yellow.

Nice S. There is kind of a S/RS rivalry here. I own an RS, but I love the lines of the S. I have never ridden The Trace. A couple of friends rode it last two years ago and they enjoyed the road. Someday I would like t ride the length of The Trace. What would you allow to do such a ride...2-3 days?

Nice S. There is kind of a S/RS rivalry here. I own an RS, but I love the lines of the S. I have never ridden The Trace. A couple of friends rode it last two years ago and they enjoyed the road. Someday I would like t ride the length of The Trace. What would you allow to do such a ride...2-3 days?

Thanks MarkM and bluehole, I love my S. It handles beautifully, has great acceleration, is great for touring, and looks like it could have been designed yesterday despite being introduced 15 years ago. The exhaust pipes under the seat really look sharp and are very un-BMW for the era. I also own an '03 R11050R so no love lost for other "R" bikes... the "K" bikes, on the other hand...:bolt

The Trace, according to Google Maps is about 450 miles from Nashville to Natchez. Given the 50 mph speed limit, you could comfortably do it in two days while still allowing time for all the informative stops and historical markers. Natchez is a great little town. Check out the Natchez Trace website, it has tons of info. I'm also happy to send some recommendations. I'm finding that the small roads here in MS are not always well maintained, but the Trace, given it is a national park, is a great road and free of traffic...you could go a few minutes with no one else on the road. Just watch out for wild turkeys...those things are fast!

IMG_2449.jpg
IMG_1124.jpg

Nice S. There is kind of a S/RS rivalry here...

You call an all-out, Hatfields/McCoys blood rivalry "kind of"? Man, I've obviously been too nice to you and your ilk.

Welcome bkellyjr! Ever since SeabeckS retired from the board, the RS types have been trying to impose their values on the truly chosen ones - S owners. Henzilla and I have been conducting a holding action which, with more support, will transition to an all out frontal assault as spring arrives. Keep posting pictures of your S - it keeps Bluehole unbalanced. :D

Sad but true. Didn't renew MOA membership.

Uh-Oh! He's back! :nyah

Missed all the abuse from the RS contingent, so decided to re-join for one more year of riding. Been busy building a new home, but the bike is insured, serviced, covered and ready to go again! :groovy

Cheers! B

Back