• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Post a picture of your Oilhead

Hey Cigars, how's that exhaust sound?

I'll try and figure out how to get an audio clip of it on here if you'd like. Bike sounds good to me, but I have no idea what the stock exhaust sounded like. Have no prior BMW bike experience..so nothing to compare against.

Unless you meant the exhaust on the Meanstreak...then it's flippin LOUD lol.

That is a great pic. Those bikes look brand new.

Thanks, the middle one was 4 years old and 800 miles total. The other two were found with 8000- ish miles and were also 4 years old.

Still have Helen's on the right...with 107K. Sold the other two to friends...one moved on to a 800ST shortly after, the other didn't survive it's first trip to Big Bend:banghead The pilot did, but decided motorcycling wasn't for him....a wise decision!

Henzilla: I know I've asked this question before but I've misplaced/forgotten your answer - where did you get those tail bags from?

Thanks!

Hey Bluehole - that is the National Museum of Transport in the background of Molly's post. Located in Kirkwood, Missouri, a suburb of St. Louis.

Definitely worth a visit someday.

http://transportmuseumassociation.org

I'll second that. I visited just a few years back, and was lucky enough that it was the same day the local Oldsmobile club was having a meet / show in the parking lot...allot too see that day....

10 days owner of my 2010 R1200RT on the top leg of my IBA SS1000, in Rouses Pt, NY, about to cross into VT, June 25, 2014.

Attachments

• Rouses Pt NY 6.25.14-jpg50.jpg
    Rouses Pt NY 6.25.14-jpg50.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 187
I will keep the Museum of Transportation in mind. One of my sons may be living in the area for a few months later this year. If I get a chance to visit perhaps I will be able to go the museum.

RS (nearly) twins- 1996 donor in the foreground and the 1995 project behind it - from a few years ago.

IMG_0616.JPG

Me and my '94 RS

Love my 1994 R1100RS. Bought it a few years ago with about 14K and now 27K. I also have other bikes I ride too, hence the lower mileage. STL spring.jpg

Jamestown Island

Another picture for the RS...I mean Oilhead thread. :)

Leaving Jamestown Island. Sandy Bay in the background. In the distance is the Colonial Parkway.
20150119_123138-X3.jpg

Back