• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Post a picture of your Oilhead

00 r1100rs

New to BMW bikes, but after the test ride, I just didn't want to give it back to the dealership. LOL Already had all the goodies added to it too.
113128395_1thumb_770x574.jpg
113128395_6thumb_770x574.jpg

New to BMW bikes, but after the test ride, I just didn't want to give it back to the dealership. LOL Already had all the goodies added to it too.

As much as it hurts me to say this, that's a very attractive ride. Outfitted as it is, I look forward to seeing it in Billings next year. :thumb

Guys, you need to be careful. Cigars is clearly a Manly Man...a Super Stud...Titan of Testosterone. I mean, look at what he rides!

Cape%20Charles%20022-XL.jpg

I am jealous of that topcase. Did it come with the bike or did you add it? What year is your RS? How did you come to purchase it. We need details.

I am jealous of that topcase. Did it come with the bike or did you add it? What year is your RS? How did you come to purchase it. We need details.

Heck, all I've done is add gas so far. :) Came to me as equipped, but I sent a letter to the PO and asked what all he had done to the bike.
Here's the list he sent me:
2000 BMW R1100 RS
Titan Silver
ABS
Heated grips
Staintune full exhaust system
BMW factory side cases and top case with BMW liners
Sargent seats front and rear (height adjustable)
BMW tank bag
Aeroflow tinted windshield
Suburban Machinery peg lowering kit
Bar backs
Luftmeister throttle lock
Michelin Pilot 3 tires
Extended brake pedal
Torque Arm

As far as the history on it, he gave me a nice rundown on his history with it:

"It had the big 30,000 mile service done at 27,000 miles, and I then took a 3,500 mile ride in the Summer of 2012 through Arizona, Utah, Wyoming and Idaho. Afterwards, it was again serviced by Mac?s. The new tires were added later and are very fresh.

The only non-standard maintenance that I recall is replacement of the rubber mounts for the handlebar about a year ago, which sharpened up the steering considerably. Also, the tilt adjustment mechanism for the windshield was replaced about six months ago. Other than that, there have been no repairs that I recall.

All it should need by way of maintenance is an oil and filter change in the Spring, and then the 36,000 mile service when due. It has been a very reliable and trustworthy bike. The seat is brand new, and is still in the break-in mode. Surge while riding at lower RPMs was a problem for many of the bikes in the 1100-1150 series, but it is no big deal whatever on this one.

At some point, it will need new shocks. If you are interested, I have a brand new pair of custom-built Hyperpro shock absorbers for it, still in the box. "

Like I said, this is my first BMW (and I'm already looking at adding others..lol) and I'm enjoying the heck out of it. My wife gives me a bad time that I'll probably never ride my Cruiser now ...and I admit, it's been parked in the back part of the garage...out of the way :( but hey that's what hot sunny days around town are for! I just wanted something more comfortable for the longer rides/trips we started taking this year and while the Meanstreak is a blast through the corners (for a big cruiser) it was not friendly to my butt & back after all day riding. I needed a different seating position and didn't want to be laid over on a tank like the old Ducati 916 days (too old for that anymore) but still able to blast through the twisties easy enough that my wife doesn't get bored behind me on her Triumph Daytona :D
Here's a shot from a trip this Summer pre BMW:
20140808_133817_zpshjgmour4.jpg

and a couple other RS pics:
113128395_7thumb_770x574 (1).jpg
113128395_2thumb_770x574.jpg

Stop with the RS pictures already :banghead you're killin' me. I had a black "99" I sold it a while back...my heart still aches..:violin

Riding a Naked bike [Roadster] now. In all honesty..my arthritis couldn't deal with the RS any longer...and now the Roadster hurts some as well....gittin' old sucks!

Here's a shot from a trip this Summer pre BMW:
View attachment 47052

Hey, I was just there last month.

So, let's get a few things out of the way here. Bluehole wants to be your friend - because he has none. After all, he rides an RS. The "S" riders here (which seem to be dwindling) are a pretty touchy group. They do, of course, ride the champagne of BMW motorcycles so its understandable. If you post too many RS pictures, an avalanche of "S" pictures will certainly show up. There'd be more if I could figure out how to downsize the pics I've got. :laugh

So, welcome.

And keep posting those shots. They're great. :thumb

If you post too many RS pictures, an avalanche of "S" pictures will certainly show up.

A twofer. :) Actually, twins separated at birth and reunited at the RA rally this year.

IMG_1223-5-L.jpg

Cigars, see what happens. I leave the playpen for a little while and the S boys run amuck. I have a dual RS picture somewhere, but can't find it right now. I am forced to counter with a friend's 1999 RS.

Moore%20R1100RS%20001-XL.jpg

Coming off an RT I was hesitant to buy an RS because of the riding position. For me, it has turned out the be good. I think you will find your RS to be a versatile bike. Plenty of power, handles well and capable of a long trip. Enjoy and post often. Don't leave me alone with the children...I mean S guys. :)

Last edited:
I have a dual RS picture somewhere, but can't find it right now. I am forced to counter with a friend's 1999 RS.

You expect us to believe this is? Fess up, Bluehole. You spied this fine example of an RS parked at the side of the road while you were trailering your bike somewhere. You decided to take a picture of it and try to pawn it off as "a friend's 1999 RS". :D

Glad to see the "S Gang" still has my back when it comes to posting pictures of real motorcycles.

Henzilla Double Down Redux

When dealing with BC1100S you have to go the extra mile...and no...I did not photoshop some random bike into this picture. :)

RS%20at%20Elgin%20008-XL.jpg

Back