• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Post a picture of your Oilhead

Oh man. This is not good news...for us RS guys.

He just evened things up after I dropped out. I went a similar route as MarkM, but a little larger.

Thought it was the ugliest bike I had ever seen when they first came out, but I ended up with one anyway. I had a long demo ride at the St. Paul rally on one and it just ran so good, suspension was great, comfortable, and I forgot about the ugly part. Thought I would see what this "GS" stuff is all about before my riding years are gone.

Ended up finding a used 2014 GSA with only 1,400 miles. And that solved the new list price issue.

WP_20140902_006.jpg

But still, when I see one of these :heart

R1100S_Mayer1_seat_85.jpg

You really are a former S rider now. No going back after buying that. Nice GSA.

I think the dynamic may have to change. S and RS riders form an alliance and raid the Wethead section to hassle MarkM and k75s.

I am still trying to forgive k75s for this:

K75s, What is this?
2013-05-25%2008_59_37-L.jpg
k75s replies:
Sorry it took me so long to reply Bluehole, had to do some research first.
Yeah, you don't see those very often and I may have only seen 1 before.
Considering where it is positioned in the photograph, looks like it may have some mechanical problems and is heading to a shop for repair.
Even though they are rare, they are not of much value. I believe they were manufactured from around 1993 to 2004, imported from Germany, commonly referred to as oil heads, and have a model name of R1100RS or R1150RS. That help???

I read to nearly the end of the post before I realized a got burned...and I mean bad.

I think the dynamic may have to change. S and RS riders form an alliance and raid the Wethead section to hassle MarkM and k75s.

Yeah, come on over now and then. All these new wet head RT, GS, GSA's are starting to look the same to me.

Still hope BMW is proceeding with the plan for a wet head S or RS, like we have been teased with in the spy photos. But I think the BMW assembly lines are pretty full of 2015 production of these 3 models. Order deliveries are out to March of next year.

Oh sure, next you'll be suggesting an alliance between Iran and the USA.

The way I see it, if former oilhead riders see fit to abandon their faithful and trusty steeds in favour of hexheads or wetheads, well, they're just lost causes. Hardly worth the time. Although, even I would have a hard time resisting a wethead "S". :blush

And that burn that K75S put on Bluehole was one of the best (and most deserved) I had seen in a long time. :laugh

Last edited:
"if former oilhead riders see fit to abandon their faithful and trusty steeds in favour of hexheads or wetheads, well, they're just lost causes. Hardly worth the time.

don't worry BC, MarkM and I will not reveal the location of the S and RS hideouts...

trailer-park-taj-mahal.jpg

r1100s_headquarters.jpg

Last edited:
Not an "S", but close enough:

1. Oh dang. My head is gonna hurt arguing with myself.
2. In the associated pictures, you'd have thought they might at least spray a little blue and white paint on the bags.
3. Thanks for nuthin', K75S! :D

That new RS looks like it came from the Origami School of Art...just another of the new fashion Japanese bikes. Just my humble opinion of course, but beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and this new one is just...fugly.

The R11S, and yes the R1100/1150RS, were much more original in their styling and not so darned derivative of other bikes.

And one correction, it's not actually a humble opinion. LOL :whistle :laugh

I agree with your less than humble opinion. Half the BMW line looks like a V-Strom to me.

I think it is a simple case of the company trying to appeal to a broader market...younger riders.

I wish they would go back to their old 'smug' ways.......:dance

2000 r1100r

Here's mine. Found this with just 6,000mls. New shoes, general service, top case, and a thorough bath. Added almost 4,000 miles so far!

Attachments

• IMG_20141018_152924_249.jpg
    IMG_20141018_152924_249.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 226
  • IMG_20141018_150143_805.jpg
    IMG_20141018_150143_805.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 225
Actually just put the guards back on for that reason. I initially took off the hand guards, screen, and side cases. Figured if I was going to add a top case might as well get one that can hold a lot. Givi 47 with Admore light kit. It's worked out well but I had to loose the carbon can to fit it. Wanted the back rest for my wife and kid. I'd like to get one of those small screens that wrap around the head light cafe style but can't find one that will fit.

Actually just put the guards back on for that reason. I initially took off the hand guards, screen, and side cases. Figured if I was going to add a top case might as well get one that can hold a lot. Givi 47 with Admore light kit. It's worked out well but I had to loose the carbon can to fit it. Wanted the back rest for my wife and kid. I'd like to get one of those small screens that wrap around the head light cafe style but can't find one that will fit.

Have you tried Rifle fairings? Seems like they used to make a couple of cafe style universal fit fairings...

Cheers!

That Scout fairing is the one I was trying to remember...considered that when I had an R1150R. I've seen a few, and thought they looked well built. Pricey, but well built!:whistle

And once again, my neighbor to the North comes up with the answer...:laugh

Back