• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Post a picture of your Oilhead

Hi guys. I traded in my '95 RS for a lightly used '13 GS today. It's been fun jousting with the S riders, but I guess this is my final oilhead picture posting. Best to all of you.

Attachments

• 2014-08-16 16.53.03 (800x600).jpg
    2014-08-16 16.53.03 (800x600).jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 261
  • 2014-08-16 16.56.23 (800x600).jpg
    2014-08-16 16.56.23 (800x600).jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 262
Mark,

Sweet looking new ride there sir! :thumb

As a long time combatant on the S vs RS battlefield you've earned the lifetime membership, so drop by any time with whatever slings and arrows you may have to offer! :type

Cheers! :dance

PS. BTW, we do understand that if you can't take the heat, you need to get out of the kitchen....:whistle

Mark,

Sweet looking new ride there sir! :thumb

As a long time combatant on the S vs RS battlefield you've earned the lifetime membership, so drop by any time with whatever slings and arrows you may have to offer! :type

Cheers! :dance

PS. BTW, we do understand that if you can't take the heat, you need to get out of the kitchen....:whistle

Thanks, Bill. This thread is permanently subscribed. I may not technically own an oilhead anymore, but I still love to look at them and enjoy the banter. The "post a pic of your wethead" thread is pretty sleepy and the RT owners seem a bit too smug so I may have to stir things up over there... as soon as I can get some awesome pics to post. :D

BTW, we do understand that if you can't take the heat, you need to get out of the kitchen....:whistle

Truer words were never spoken. :laugh

But congrats on the new ride! BTW, I heard that the black RS was WAY faster than the silver blue/grey ones. Just sayin'....!

Oh man. This is not good news...for us RS guys. Great news for you MarkM. I really am happy for you. Feel free to toss a verbal grenade at the S guys here once in a while and then slip back over to Hexhead Heaven.

You need to start by posting a picture of your GS on the Hexhead Post a Picture of Your Bike thread. It seems there must be a one picture a month limit over there. :) That place is as lively as a retirement home at 9:00 PM.

GS to S Conversion

Hey bluehole. Thanks man. Sorry to leave you 1 down on RS's. Now categorically my new bike is not a hexhead but a wethead, and I've already posted a picture over there. The wetheads post-a-pic thread is pretty geriatric too.

I was thinking today about all I've learned here, especially the things that cross over to the other non-oilhead models. And so I present for your consideration and amazement, the GS to S conversion. (Hat tip to bluehole.)

2014-08-20183143600x800_zpsdcc0c7d4.jpg

Sorry about misidentifying your bike. I should know better, but these dang nab new fangled bikes...

Love the GS to S conversion! You must have attended my seminar. I am sure you will completely fool the S crowd. You are now In with The In Crowd.

I am trying not to take BC1100S's bait. :) Without getting into too much detail, what really strikes you about riding the GS?

Love the GS to S conversion! You must have attended my seminar.

MarkM, welcome to "S" ownership. I've not seen one like yours but it does say "S" on the side so, again, welcome. I'm sure you'll enjoy many miles of riding bliss as well as the opportunity to slag off ne'er-do-wells like Bluehole.

:D

Last edited:
Without getting into too much detail, what really strikes you about riding the GS?

I'm not tall of stature (5' 9" w/30" inseam), but I always found the RS cramped my legs a bit, even with the seat in the medium position. The GS is very comfortable and roomy feeling for my legs, plus the upright posture is welcome at city traffic speeds. I'm also impressed with how good the wind protection is. Plus I think it's got something like 35 more HP :burnout and lots of useful luxuries like real cruise control and ESA. The RS was easier to maneuver when getting out of a parking space--I haven't completely figured out why except the GS has a bit higher seat.

I'm making plans for a trip out west with my wife and get off the pavement more in Utah. The GS is going to make that a lot more enjoyable. Hoping to go the the big rally in Billings, MT too. How about your guys? :beer

Hi guys. I traded in my '95 RS for a lightly used '13 GS today. It's been fun jousting with the S riders, but I guess this is my final oilhead picture posting. Best to all of you.

Congrats on the new bike ! I never thought I would ever trade my 94 RSL but I got a great trade on a 05 R1200RT. I love the RT but still miss the RS !

New to me 04 RT

I'm a proud new owner of this nice 2004 RT!

For the time being, she is sharing the garage with my 94 K75, but I think the expectation from my wife was that when one comes in, one must go. Perhaps if I delay her long enough she might forget about it? (Wishful thinking). In the mean time, I look forward to learning all about the oil heads!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 300
Back