• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Post a picture of your Oilhead

He has applied for one. i am reviewing the application. Very selective process. Not just anyone gets one of these highly sought after kits.

If they release a wet head version of the RS, I might be crossing over to the "evil" other side...

I've told every BMW rep I can get my hands on to build either an R1200S or RS with the new wassermotor and I'd buy one tomorrow. You don't actually think they were listening, do you? :D

seat system

aapasquale, nice picture. Your RS looks much like a friend's 1999 RS. He even has a similar seat system.

View attachment 44458

Seats built by Corbin. I'm sending mine back for a refurbishing next winter. After 20 years, they are showing signs of age (me, too). This time around will add heated rider seat. The RS is my favorite: nimble, comfortable.....and I can flatfoot at a stop.

I've a feeling were are not in Kansas anymore

A couple of years ago I bought this 04' R1150R with only 12k on the clock from a fellow in Kansas. He told me that after moving from southern California to Kansas he had become frustrated with the lack of exiting roads and interesting destinations in his area and eventually lost interest in riding. I have doubts that there is really no good riding in Kansas, but I was happy he sold me the bike. No lack of exiting roads here in western NC. I think another year of riding in the NC Appalachian Mountains will make up for the dull episode in Kansas.

NC80_21.jpg

NC80_11.jpg

Is that Ferro Blue ?...looks like it. If so? I have one exactly like it, just a bit larger windshield.

They are indeed a nice ride.

Is that Ferro Blue ?...looks like it. If so? I have one exactly like it, just a bit larger windshield.

They are indeed a nice ride.

Yes, this is the dark ferro blue paint scheme with the blacked-out engine and transmission. I think the R1150R looked best in dark ferro blue and silver. I also liked the yellow paint with the dark ferro blue accents.

Tom

I think the R1150R looked best in dark ferro blue and silver.

I was just thinking....if one were to paint that small windscreen the same colour, it would look really good. If you DO decide to do this, paint the inside for a flawless and virtually chip-proof finish. :thumb

Last edited:
I was just thinking....if one were to paint that small windscreen the same colour, it would look really good. If you DO decide to do this, paint the inside for a flawless and virtually chip-proof finish. :thumb

Mine [is] dark ferro, and I painted the inside lower portion of my 'touring' shield...it does look nice {IMO} :thumb [if we're allowed to brag on our own] :brow It gives it sort of a fairing/shield look.

Just hang on a minute there, young man. I've never been known to turn down the use of a free motorcycle for any period of time. Besides, I have a different camera for pictures of bikes which are "almost worthy". :laugh

Bluehole: Is that new avatar a picture of your bike? Although it pains me to say this...My compliments! :thumb

Just hang on a minute there, young man. I've never been known to turn down the use of a free motorcycle for any period of time. Besides, I have a different camera for pictures of bikes which are "almost worthy". :laugh

Bluehole: Is that new avatar a picture of your bike? Although it pains me to say this...My compliments! :thumb

Yo! Who you calling young? I resemble that remark sir, please take it back. Damned proud to be an old (and getting older by the minute) man. Though I do get a bit grumpy now and then.:brow

And...are you implying that an R or RS is almost worthy? It's been a long winter, so I prescribe some serious corner carving to get back on straight and narrow.

Cheers!:groovy

Bluehole: Is that new avatar a picture of your bike? Although it pains me to say this...My compliments!

Yes, it is my bike, but i have to give credit to my son. He took a couple of pictures and this happens to be one of them.

Back