• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Post a picture of your Oilhead

OK. I'm in.

002.jpg

Can't sit around forever waiting for Seabecks to sell his. That is me on the left, and the PO, Max, on the right, with a bit of a forced smile. He said his carpal tunnel problems have made riding dificult. He said he was tearing up a bit when I loaded it on the trailer to carry it back from Sacramento to Portland. It is a 99 with low miles and careful maintenance. It's a lot more than my airhead. For sure.

Bob R.

OK, I admit it... That bike is simply beautiful. But it's still not a RS!

Seriously, congrats on your new (to you) bike. It couldn't be any nicer.

Bob,

Excellent choice!

Welcome to the eSteemed rankS of the S riderS!

Beautiful machine!

CheerS! :drink

PS. Don't believe that Canadian Dude when he tries to tell you that Pathetic Blue S bikeS are faSter! JuSt Sayin'! :nono

99 R1100s

Can't sit around forever waiting for Seabecks to sell his. That is me on the left, and the PO, Max, on the right, with a bit of a forced smile. He said his carpal tunnel problems have made riding dificult. He said he was tearing up a bit when I loaded it on the trailer to carry it back from Sacramento to Portland. It is a 99 with low miles and careful maintenance. It's a lot more than my airhead. For sure.
Bob R.

OMG, that is beautiful :bow May need to re-think my next bike. and may need a new oil head forum, for those of us that used to have an 'S' and wished we still did!

OMG, that is beautiful :bow May need to re-think my next bike. and may need a new oil head forum, for those of us that used to have an 'S' and wished we still did!

oh yeah, that would be the same as the 'RS' forum :clap

Oh! And that Terham gent thinks Silver S bikes are faster! That's the funniest thing I've heard this year! :D

LOL :)

Last edited:
rossrobertb,

that is beautiful. What a nice bike. Post a picture now and then when you get some ride time in. It would be cool to have a picture of a Red S, next to a Blue S, next to a Silver S, next to... You get the idea. Not suggesting you all huddle up somewhere, but if you all meet at the same gas station one day, stop and take a picture. :)

6 months was too long!

I sold my 94 RS back in June and it wasn't a month later that I really missed riding a BMW motorcycle! Searched for just the perfect one and found it on New Years Eve. I still can't say that I'm in love with the color but mechanically it's perfect and that's all that matters to me.

rd400racer, so what brought you back? Something about the boxer/oilhead in general? Decided you wanted a GS? Just curious.

rd400racer, so what brought you back? Something about the boxer/oilhead in general? Decided you wanted a GS? Just curious.

I can't really explain it. Here I am a 53 year old guy that has ridden and raced sports bikes since I was in my teens, and there is something just
so incredibly soothing/peaceful about the boxer engine. It has a character to it like no other engine.

And I've been sampling a fair amount of the 1100 line. I bought a 2000 RT in 2012...it was totaled in a parking lot 6 months later and I bought the 94 RS. I liked the RS but wasn't in love with it so I did a straight swap for an SCCA Miata.

Like I said, 6 months later I missed the hell out of the boxer engine. I'm just now starting to feel confident about how much I can really throw the GS around
and it is just a hoot! I rode in today, mid 40's pouring rain and guess what...I don't care!!

I'm having too much fun!

New to me 05

Before and after; previous owner had lowered it with 385mm torque arm and Works suspension. I put Ohlins front and back and a flightengineering adj torque arm. Now its ass is back up in the air :)

Attachments

• BCR.jpg
    BCR.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 472
  • BCROhlins1.jpg
    BCROhlins1.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 471
Back