• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Post a picture of your Oilhead

Its been a while since I posted my bike (Heidi) and thought I'd contribute to the RS side of the equation...but the thing is she isnt getting along with "Claudia" so am now looking for a....R1100S...

No, don't say that. You will wake up all those slumbering S bike guys. :)

Seriously though, wouldn't getting a R1100S be buying a bike similar to Claudia. Isn't that sort of a duplication machines? Or is the whole point to have similar bikes?

patiodadio. Yellow...and a RSL. You don't see that very often. You need to add Jambx's RS to your collection. :)

No, don't say that. You will wake up all those slumbering S bike guys. :)

Seriously though, wouldn't getting a R1100S be buying a bike similar to Claudia. Isn't that sort of a duplication machines? Or is the whole point to have similar bikes?

patiodadio. Yellow...and a RSL. You don't see that very often. You need to add Jambx's RS to your collection. :)

Yes you are (as my brit friends would say) - spot on - however, I sometimes long for a bike to cover my shorter rides and the Ducati is just so brutal to ride and lacks the refinement I find in the German bikes. When I head to the garage I look at both bikes and inevitably head to the RS most times over the Monster. I am so hooked on the Flat-Twin design. I realize you and the RS boys are squirming that I am even considering a S however there are many times that I do enjoy the ride of a pure sports bike and the 1100S in all its beauty (you have to admit the lines are as outstanding be it different to the RS) would replace Claudia for the shorter jaunts through the Connecticut country side. Dont get me wrong I think the RS in its present form is in a class all its own and if it came down to the fact that I could only have one bike in the world it would be the RS all the way. She just does everything so friggin well. Here are a couple of more pics of Heidi - I just cant take my eyes off her.

I do not want to hijack the picture thread and will post in the Oilhead forum but I have yet to ride a 1100S but plan to do so, I am assuming the ride and set up vs the RS will feel more sprinted but I can be wrong/ I do not suppose anyone has had any first hand experience as to the feel of both models...

Attachments

• IMG-20120616-00107.jpg
    IMG-20120616-00107.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 270
  • IMG-20120721-00194.jpg
    IMG-20120721-00194.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 270
Dont get me wrong I think the RS in its present form is in a class all its own and if it came down to the fact that I could only have one bike in the world it would be the RS all the way. She just does everything so friggin well. Here are a couple of more pics of Heidi - I just cant take my eyes off her.

She's a beautiful RS. I love that paint scheme.

Custom Oilhead

This custom bike is for sale at Gateway BMW. What caught my eye is the 1996 R1100RS engine. Go here to see more photos: Custom BMW

1475988_10153575634445381_447660136_n.jpg

I realize you and the RS boys are squirming that I am even considering a S however there are many times that I do enjoy the ride of a pure sports bike and the 1100S in all its beauty (you have to admit the lines are as outstanding be it different to the RS)

I think the R1100S is one of the most beautiful motorcycles out there. I can stare at pictures of S bikes for a long time...and thanks to these goofy S bike owners I often get the opportunity. :)

That bike was painted Ducati yellow in 94' by Holt BMW and the paint is still good with about 80 K on it. They are $$$ but do good work.

More S you say? :whistle

DSCF1503-L.jpg

Back