• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Post a picture of your Oilhead

terham, what is all that stuff on/near your windshield? Looks like a clipboard.

Enjoy the trip. Check in along the way. We will enjoy tagging along.

terham, what is all that stuff on/near your windshield? Looks like a clipboard.

Enjoy the trip. Check in along the way. We will enjoy tagging along.

I have a gadget bar with a GPS and camera mount but you're prolly asking about the laminar lip I have mounted and to that I taped a note reminding me to take my camelback. I've ridden off without it before and didn't want a repeat. I seem to have become more forgetful in my old age. :)

Sorry to say, I won't be there. Had planned to fly, but alas, events have conspired to keep me here this year. I'll have to catch you all at the next one.

I was really enjoying your "S" photos until I looked a little closer at the second one. :eek Please be more careful next time.

Attachments

• RS_in_background.jpg
    RS_in_background.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 194
OK, you bunch of ne'er-do-wells. I want to meet each and every one of you (even RS riders) so I'm going to go out on a limb and provide my contact info. I am fully connected so here we go: My cell is 604-908-2411. You can phone me or text me. My email address is agvallis@telus.net so if that's your preferred mode of communication, I'm good to go. Oh, the name is Al.

Now, I'll be working the registration desk on Thursday between noon and 4 pm. Just look for the stunningly handsome guy in the centre of a bevy of women - that'll be SeabeckS. I'll be the guy with the sour look on his face on the other side of the tent. Just kidding!

Hope to see you all at the rally.

(Can't wait to impugn Bluehole's reputation in his absence!)

How in the world do you carry everything you need to camp, in just the system bags?

Back in the day when I was tenting, I carried a duffel on the passenger seat. Nowdays, I "camp" at the nearest motel.

I was really enjoying your "S" photos until I looked a little closer at the second one. Please be more careful next time.

Ya gotta watch what you eat on the road:doh

"Back in the day when I was tenting, I carried a duffel on the passenger seat. Nowdays, I "camp" at the nearest motel."

Must admit that I never really did care much [for] camping. Partially due to the pack & carry situation. Have on occasion, and pert-near every time.....it rained.:banghead

So I became a [motel] camper way-back-when...:thumb

OK, you bunch of ne'er-do-wells. I want to meet each and every one of you (even RS riders) so I'm going to go out on a limb and provide my contact info. I am fully connected so here we go: My cell is 604-908-2411. You can phone me or text me. My email address is agvallis@telus.net so if that's your preferred mode of communication, I'm good to go. Oh, the name is Al.

Now, I'll be working the registration desk on Thursday between noon and 4 pm. Just look for the stunningly handsome guy in the centre of a bevy of women - that'll be SeabeckS. I'll be the guy with the sour look on his face on the other side of the tent. Just kidding!

Hope to see you all at the rally.

(Can't wait to impugn Bluehole's reputation in his absence!)

Boy, sure hope my wife doesn't read this thread! :hungover

"Back in the day when I was tenting, I carried a duffel on the passenger seat. Nowdays, I "camp" at the nearest motel."

Must admit that I never really did care much [for] camping. Partially due to the pack & carry situation. Have on occasion, and pert-near every time.....it rained.:banghead

So I became a [motel] camper way-back-when...:thumb

Me? I'm just a wuss. After "sleeping" on the ground in a plethora of fire camps in the 70's and 80's I just ain't interested in camping anymore! LOL

/ mod hat on /

It has come to the attention of the Moderators that this has turned into a general discussion thread. In reality, it's a "Post a picture of your oilhead" thread. Pictures...we like to see pictures of bikes...less words, please!!

Thanks...

/ mod hat off /

My first Beemer!

This 1996 R1100R with 17k miles is my first Beemer(owned only Hondas). Like Sgt Schultz said(giving away my age)... "I know nothing"(about Beemers), did not research the models and simply went after the cheapest ride I could find to enter the club. Not too shabby for $2500 off ebay.

But I quickly learned I chose a "shelter dog"...totally abandoned by aftermarket accessory manufacturers. Oh well, they say mutts make the best pets!

Does anyone know if an R1150R speedster flyshield will fit over my pre-facelift instrument cluster? This stock shield has got to go!

/ mod hat on /

It has come to the attention of the Moderators that this has turned into a general discussion thread. In reality, it's a "Post a picture of your oilhead" thread. Pictures...we like to see pictures of bikes...less words, please!!

Thanks...

/ mod hat off /

The Oil Heads got in trouble... the Oil heads got in trouble.. Na na na na na.......

Here is a quick thread correct pic so I stay out of hot water

s%20trip%20016-M.jpg

This 1996 R1100R with 17k miles is my first Beemer(owned only Hondas). Like Sgt Schultz said(giving away my age)... "I know nothing"(about Beemers), did not research the models and simply went after the cheapest ride I could find to enter the club. Not too shabby for $2500 off ebay.

But I quickly learned I chose a "shelter dog"...totally abandoned by aftermarket accessory manufacturers. Oh well, they say mutts make the best pets!

Does anyone know if an R1150R speedster flyshield will fit over my pre-facelift instrument cluster? This stock shield has got to go!

Not sure about the shield?...BUT! nice buy!..very nice! I'm thinking you'll come to like it.

There are aftermarket Items out there. Check Wunderlich for a start. Parabellum or Ztechnik might have a shield ya like?

Not sure about the shield?...BUT! nice buy!..very nice! I'm thinking you'll come to like it.

There are aftermarket Items out there. Check Wunderlich for a start. Parabellum or Ztechnik might have a shield ya like?

Thanks! I find the shield doesn't do much...I get tremendous buffeting and noise at highway speeds so the only value is protecting me against any flying hard objects that might hit my chest, and I ride ATGATT so fairly well protected anyway. I just want something to keep the bug splatter of the instrument cluster.

None of the above mentioned etailers have flyshields that fit my bike.

Back