• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Post a picture of your Oilhead

On the run home from Death Valley yesterday. Temps were in the 20ÔÇÖs and 30ÔÇÖs much of the way out, even some snow flurries. The ride home was downright balmy in the 50ÔÇÖs.

Taking a break after an extended triple digit run in the Panamint Valley........Gotta love those S's:D

i-gtP5bQk-M.jpg

A couple of nice pieces on that bike, sir. :thumb

(requisite Blue "S" picture to be posted shortly)

Thank you kind sir!

What I liked most about that SP was the half faired body kit from a CR. The result of a bit of negotiating as I was buying the SP with the insurance settlement from my earlier CR (wiped out by a Subaru). It made for a bit of an unusual SP, since SP's were only sold (in the States) with the full wrap fairing....

I miss that bike still. :banghead

I do like. You were a regular guy years ago. ;) Tell more about the bike...and the picture.

Thanks for asking. I had been riding for decades and that 96'RS was my first BMW, it was a wonderful bike. It was a fly and ride from BMW North America, it was one of their pool bikes they kept at the LA facility for execs to ride when in town. My wife rode with me a lot at one time but life has not been as kind to her, she has MS and can't even mount a motorcycle anymore.

Another back then pic of the RS
i-gPkrpBv-M.jpg

Thanks for asking. I had been riding for decades and that 96'RS was my first BMW, it was a wonderful bike. It was a fly and ride from BMW North America, it was one of their pool bikes they kept at the LA facility for execs to ride when in town.

Another back then pic of the RS

If you ask nicely, Bluehole might share his very affordable "RS-to-S" conversion kit with you.

Sorry to hear of your wife's medical problems.

If you ask nicely, Bluehole might share his very affordable "RS-to-S" conversion kit with you.

Sorry to hear of your wife's medical problems.

I loved that set of conversion pics. It looked like too much work so I just purchased an S, two of them as a matter of fact. A 99', the ninth one ever made, then later an 04' that I have now.

My 99' had a taste for its own clutch splines and ate them up every 15,000 miles.
i-cp4QgQf-M.jpg

I loved that set of conversion pics. It looked like too much work so I just purchased an S......an 04' that I have now.

I hope it doesn't have one of those paint jobs. Festes here is trying my patience but on the up side, I'm sure Bluehole is bouncing off the walls by now. :D

Just kidding, Festes. That's a sweet looking bike. Much better looking than Seabeck's.

I hope it doesn't have one of those paint jobs. Festes here is trying my patience but on the up side, I'm sure Bluehole is bouncing off the walls by now. :D

Just kidding, Festes. That's a sweet looking bike. Much better looking than Seabeck's.

Methinks the gentleman doth protest too much! :nono

But, Festes is correct...it is the fastest color. :)

Rad,

sorry to learn of your wife's health problems.

That RS is a brilliant blue. I have seen it (or a very similar color) on other bikes before, but not on an RS. As a former RS owner, you are granted some (I mean a tiny bit) slack.

I may have to add festes to the list of problem children here. I mean the guy should know better. Stupid S bike owners. :)

I see festes actually lives within striking distance. The guy has a veritable fleet to choose from. I may have to sneak up there and joy ride every one of his bikes while he is at work. Would it be over the top to post pictures of me on each of his bikes? :D

By the way festes, I was at West Bend too. If only I had known...

Back