• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Post a picture of your Oilhead

Sweet Ride Boxwrench!!!

I love that color for the R1150RT.:dance

You done good...

Enjoy the ride bro.:brad

Welcome Aboard.

Nice bike 308nut! :thumb Are those valve covers from a twin-spark oilhead?

Thanks, those valve covers are stock for the R1100RL however they are supposed to be chrome, they are the same covers used on the R1200C . Mine had lots of scratches and I did not want to spend $275 each to replace them so I sandblasted the chrome off and wrinkle painted them. They look awesome on the bike.

Wade

CLC outside of Marietta, Ohio

2004 CLC on Route 26 in Ohio:groovy

Attachments

• coveredbridge.jpg
    coveredbridge.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 900
Looking back at Pilot and Index peaks on a late night ride over the Beartooth Pass.

Attachments

• IMG_215.jpg
    IMG_215.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 833
Posing with our beautiful Beemers the night before packing them up for a 2200 mile tour of Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Oregon and Washington. Great Fun!

My R1150RT

From Tennessee to Colorado. Taking a break somewhere in New Mexico

Attachments

• SantaFe.JPG
    SantaFe.JPG
    113.4 KB · Views: 816
My 1100GS
IMG00024.jpg

post a picture

livingood, beautiful ride, especially the blue wheels (that was my trademark for the last 3 BMW's I had.

Beautiful bike livngood. Love the bags.:thumb

All the props belong to the original buyer (purportedly an attorney gal in Texas) who really did a fantastic job on the details / optional equipment and aesthetics. In addition to the very rare color-matched city cases, she replaced the stock turn signal housings, starter cover, and alternator pulley cover with carbon pieces. She also added the fog lights, knee pads in the knee wells, carbon / mesh snorkel covers, dark touring windscreen and what I believe is an R11S-length after market torque arm that lowered the rear end of the bike as it's a perfect fit for me with my 30" inseam. As noted, she really did a great job on the decals, or the lack thereof... Just the white squares and roundel on the sides of the lower cowl and no decals on the tank covers. Again, props to her... I couldn't have have done any better and can't think of anything I'd undo.

I was just fortunate enough to be in the market when it was put up for sale by the second owner who only had it for a few months and gave it the same loving care as the original owner: pretty sure he's a member of MOA as well. He serviced the bike at 4,700 miles when he took ownership and added a Pyramid carbon rear hugger which is a very nice addition given its upcoming commuter duty and also added some riser blocks which, again, were an excellent add for my needs.

It's sitting with just 5,484 miles on the ODO right now and looks like it should be sitting in a showroom. I'll be using it as my year-round daily driver which, in some respects, is a shame but, well, bikes are made to be ridden, right? The only thing I plan to add is a Pyramid Fenda Extenda as it will be getting wet...

Last edited:
My '04 is pretty standard, not too many farkles, but it's MINE, and I love it.

Attachments

• Me enroute to Houston bike show 23 Nov 08croppedsmaller.jpg
    Me enroute to Houston bike show 23 Nov 08croppedsmaller.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 853
Nice bike Jeff!
I know what farkles are but must be really old or stupid! What or how did the term farkle come from :banghead ????????

Mike

Back