• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Post a picture of your Oilhead

1345158641.jpg

Sitting in the garage waiting for me to install new rear brakes, new rear tire, hyper-lites and tank bag.

The boat is currently in Charleviox, MI waiting for us to come back and sail in 10 days.

Adjusted the valves, need to do throttle body synch before heading off to the Dells Rally.

You are going to be there, aren't you????? :wave

Still need a buyer for the Corbin seat so I can order a Kontour.

Where the heck have YOU been? I was just going to post up another picture (and risk the wrath of Bluehole) to flush you out of the woodwork. :lol

Trip to Chicago and a family reunion in Iowa...left here on the 7th and got home today. 4537 miles later...it's good to be home!

Consider me flushed. :brow

Cheers! B

Now back to our regularly scheduled programming!

2004 R1150RS almost stock- before complete black out treatment, only windscreen, foot pegs and front turn signals.

R1150RSA.jpg

After-smoke tinted Canadian windscreen, clear turn signals smoke tinted, black powder coat on foot pegs, rims, driveshaft housing, black painted forks, and final drive.

IMG_0227.jpg

2004 R1150RS almost stock- before complete black out treatment, only windscreen, foot pegs and front turn signals.

After-smoke tinted Canadian windscreen, clear turn signals smoke tinted, black powder coat on foot pegs, rims, driveshaft housing, black painted forks, and final drive.

That might be the nicest RS oilhead I've ever seen. Good work and thanks for posting the pics.

R1150RSA.jpg

IMG_0227.jpg

I still think that color combo on that bike is one of the prettiest BMW's ever made. Have to say though I prefer the silver wheels :dunno

With two BMW's (K1100RS and the RRS) the silver rim paint just doesn't hold up well. It discolors easily and scratches. The silver strips off easily, but it's damned hard to remove the primer grey coat under the silver. On the KRS I stripped the wheels and had them polished, then promptly sold the bike and got he RRS.

I like the black wheels, really accents the disc brakes, and heads. Thought about doing the heads but like the silver as it shows up very well in contrast against the black motor and driveline. The black just looks right, the little bits of silver always looked wrong to me.

The '04 is the only year with the black motor, seemed a shame BMW didn't do the rest of the driveline. Plus I always hated the clear front turn signals. If you look close at the rear you'll notice the rear fender has been trimmed down too.

It's amazing how many people will stop in their tracks and watch this bike go by, kind of entertaining. Never fears that I'll get asked, "is that a factory color?"

If only it didn't have integrated brakes and a hydraulic clutch, then it'd be perfect.

With two BMW's (K1100RS and the RRS) the silver rim paint just doesn't hold up well. It discolors easily and scratches. The silver strips off easily, but it's damned hard to remove the primer grey coat under the silver. On the KRS I stripped the wheels and had them polished, then promptly sold the bike and got he RRS.

I like the black wheels, really accents the disc brakes, and heads. Thought about doing the heads but like the silver as it shows up very well in contrast the black motor and driveline. The black just looks right, the little bits of silver always looked wrong to me.

The '04 is the only year with the black motor, seemed a shame BMW didn't do the rest of the driveline. Plus I always hated the clear front turn signals. If you look close at the rear you'll notice the rear fender has been trimmed down too.

It's amazing how many people will stop in their tracks and watch this bike go by, kind of entertaining. Never fears that I'll get asked, "is that a factory color?"

If only it didn't have integrated brakes and a hydraulic clutch, then it'd be perfect.

BMW did make some pretty bikes and unique colors. Lately they do not seem to be as creative.

About the wheels ... guess like most thing motorcycles it is a matter of taste and that "beauty in the eye of the beholder thing" :)

I had a '97 RT and the silver wheels held up fine although in '97 they were uncoated and a bear to clean. But the silver wheels on my current '06 R1200RT look great and are holding up well too.

I am sure that RS gets lots of looks!

R1150RSA.jpg

Really cool RS treatment...very interesting! :wow

Normally I'd post a picture in response of an R1100S, but I'd get a penalty flag. :brow

Cheers!

Back