• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Post a picture of your Oilhead

So sorry Bluehole...

Those darned S bikes are EVERYWHERE!!! :nyah

Cheers!

Attachments

• Biking 2008 007.jpg
    Biking 2008 007.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 606
They say the definition of insanity is doing the same thing twice and expecting a different outcome. Well, yesterday I bought back my 2004 1150GS that I sold a year ago. As soon as the new owner rode around the corner with it I started having seller's remorse. I finally talked him into selling it back after a year. An expensive lesson learned.

1150GS.jpg

My 04 1150RT

Last years photo, I have added a Laminar Lip and soon to be Corbin's

Attachments

• Picture1.jpg
    Picture1.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 571
My trusty 1150...a handsome looking piece of machinery...now replaced with a 1200GSA which is not quite a good looking.

Attachments

• DSC05048 (Medium).JPG
    DSC05048 (Medium).JPG
    139.1 KB · Views: 567
here's another...

My wife & I were getting ready to ride in the convoy with Charley Boorman. It was the last day of shooting Extreme Frontiers Canada. We rode from Duncan to Tofino...vancouver Island., anyway, here's my "oilhead" :wave

Attachments

• boorman,liz's  ryan's wedding 086.jpg
    boorman,liz's ryan's wedding 086.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 517
BWAAAAHHAAAAHHHHAAAAA! :bottle
IMO, the R1100S is the best-looking boxer BMW ever made. And yours has the best paint job BMW ever made. You've got the best of the best, so far as looks go. Even so, I'm pretty fond of my R1100RS for comfort and practicality, while still making a sweet looking and handling boxer. :beer

IMG_1126_1.jpg

Last edited:
IMO, the R1100S is the best-looking boxer BMW ever made. And yours has the best paint job BMW ever made. You've got the best of the best, so far as looks go. Even so, I'm pretty fond of my R1100RS for comfort and practicality, while still making a sweet looking and handling boxer. :beer

IMG_1126_1.jpg

Thanks Mark...! I shopped a long time to find my bike, thought a lot about a red/white/blue BCR. First time I saw a Titan Gray/Mandarin S I knew that it was the right machine.

Funny thing is, a good friend has a black R1100RS pretty much like your great looking machine. Funny thing is, that I talked him into buying it...his RS is the only bike he's kept for more than 2 years. He's had it since '99!

Cheers! :drink

Last edited:

IMG_1126_1.jpg

I have to agree that the RS was one of the best looking boxers ever but it was THIS color combo that I saw at All Seasons BMW on my way to the MOA Rally in Lima OH that turned my head! :clap

Attachments

• R1150RS.jpg
    R1150RS.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 706
Back