• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Post a picture of your Oilhead

Post a picture of your oilhead

Terham - it would be a low blow to use that as ammo. Sorry for your misfortune. It is the failure we all dread.

Went to our fifth Falling Leaf Rally this weekend with my 13-yr-old son. Great weather, beautiful roads, and fun times around the campfire. The blacksmith continues to hold a grudge against that anvil.
2013-10-12 11.11.34-touched-up (800x600).jpg

[URL="?]

Here?s my new to me ?00 R1100R modeled by my new daughter, Dasha, who we adopted from Russia along with her sister, Yana earlier this year.

The bike?s in great cosmetic shape, but the neutral light and horn do not work and it needs a new cam chain tensioner. But I?m glad to be back on a boxer. I miss my R1100RS which was stolen a few years ago.

This was my first oilhead. It had 29K when I bought it 4 years ago and has 70K now. Just purchased a 2005 1200. Pic to come.

I'd be interested in your impression of the 1200RT compared with the 1150RT. I went from a 2002 RT to a 2009 RT and wish I had the 1150 back. By the way, that's a beautiful 1150RT.

I'd be interested in your impression of the 1200RT compared with the 1150RT. I went from a 2002 RT to a 2009 RT and wish I had the 1150 back. By the way, that's a beautiful 1150RT.

I'd be interested in why you wish for your 1150 back ? Reason ? I have an 1150 & [do not mean to sound smug] but I can't imagine a better motorcycle...mine is just a naked Roadster...but I LUV the thing...and yes I have owned several different brands / models.

I'd be interested in why you wish for your 1150 back ? Reason ? I have an 1150 & [do not mean to sound smug] but I can't imagine a better motorcycle...mine is just a naked Roadster...but I LUV the thing...and yes I have owned several different brands / models.

I had an 1150RT and an 1150R Roadster. Compared with the 1200RT I have now, the 1150RT was, in my opinion, more stable at very fast speeds. It seemed more planted and less prone to wind. The 1200RT seems "flimsy" with thinner plastic everything. The wind screen vibrates more. It's more difficult for me to work on. I guess I just haven't bonded to the 12RT, even though I've ridden it cross country a couple of times. The 1150R Roadster was a "more fun bike", but I didn't like touring on it. Last of all, I like the looks of the 1150RT more than the 12RT. Just a personal preference. YMMV. But then again, I've had seller's remorse with every bike I've parted with.

R1100s

Oh, please do not remind me. I miss mine!

Attachments

• atchison_35.jpg
    atchison_35.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 309
I had an 1150RT and an 1150R Roadster. Compared with the 1200RT I have now, the 1150RT was, in my opinion, more stable at very fast speeds. It seemed more planted and less prone to wind. The 1200RT seems "flimsy" with thinner plastic everything. The wind screen vibrates more. It's more difficult for me to work on. I guess I just haven't bonded to the 12RT, even though I've ridden it cross country a couple of times. The 1150R Roadster was a "more fun bike", but I didn't like touring on it. Last of all, I like the looks of the 1150RT more than the 12RT. Just a personal preference. YMMV. But then again, I've had seller's remorse with every bike I've parted with.

"1150R Roadster was a "more fun bike", but I didn't like touring on it."

I went from a 99RS to a Japanese cruiser, to my Roadster...I like the 'air' the roadster allows, but yes 'bad' air & 'wet' air....is a pain...;) But!....not near as bad as the cruiser. But if I need to seek shelter I do, and enjoy the better weather when it returns.

Glad to see you back, K75S. Hope you're feeling better. As an aside, there are daily R1100S postings on Craigs List. :thumb

And..my Gray/Mandarin '04 will be on the market in the Spring...just sayin'! :blush

Yes, I know where to find them. Just riding around on the K75s for now. I seem to stay out of trouble on that bike. :D
But I think I will look around for something different next year.

Yes, I know where to find them. Just riding around on the K75s for now. I seem to stay out of trouble on that bike. :D
But I think I will look around for something different next year.

So...maybe a Hayabusa? I hear those are good for staying out of trouble! :laugh

Back