• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Post a picture of your Oilhead

The Oil Heads got in trouble... the Oil heads got in trouble.. Na na na na na.......
Who does that moderator work for, the NSA??? They are watching us :hide

...and as Homer Simpson might remark...MMMMMMmmmmmmmmm BEER! ;)
Since I will have 4 wheels out in Oregon, I may have to volunteer as a designated driver for this group!

Found one from the archives. Yes, I once parked next to an RS. I did like that color scheme on the RS.

Attachments

• Wallys_25.jpg
    Wallys_25.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 330
I get tremendous buffeting and noise at highway speeds

I usually cut a couple of inches off the top of the windscreen to get my head in clean air. This usually stops all the buffeting and noise at speed.

Obligatory oilhead picture to keep out of trouble. :p

Attachments

• IMG_0230.jpg
    IMG_0230.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 327

This 1996 R1100R with 17k miles is my first Beemer(owned only Hondas). Like Sgt Schultz said(giving away my age)... "I know nothing"(about Beemers), did not research the models and simply went after the cheapest ride I could find to enter the club. Not too shabby for $2500 off ebay.

But I quickly learned I chose a "shelter dog"...totally abandoned by aftermarket accessory manufacturers. Oh well, they say mutts make the best pets!

Does anyone know if an R1150R speedster flyshield will fit over my pre-facelift instrument cluster? This stock shield has got to go!

Before you spend a cent, or change a thing, get yourself to this forum ASAP

http://www.r1150r.net/board/viewforum.php?f=22&sid=35d0ac5059d14bcc03354cd3acac2a4d

Required Oil head pic attached
val%20con%20bmw-M.jpg

02r12c

RIDE ON,,,,,,, trying to post pic:banghead: cool it worked, i am learning the site so please bear with me.

Attachments

• excellante 6-9-13 mich trip 010.jpg
    excellante 6-9-13 mich trip 010.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 251
Last edited:
Now, don't make me blow my top!!!

Is that Mount St Helens? I remember the 1980 eruption. I heard the area was like a wasteland in the aftermath of the eruption. Surprised to see all those trees...then I realized that was 33 years ago!

weeman, nice RSL.

Is that Mount St Helens? I remember the 1980 eruption. I heard the area was like a wasteland in the aftermath of the eruption. Surprised to see all those trees...then I realized that was 33 years ago!

weeman, nice RSL.

Yup, that's St Helen's, from a viewpoint several miles SE of the crater. Most of the tree destruction was towards the north side of the volcano, which is recovering but not this well forested. IF you ever manage to get out this way, well worth some time and effort to visit. BC1100S visited the other side on his journey, perhaps he has a pic or two (with his Pathetic Blue S of course) from Johnston Ridge?

:dance

weeman, nice RSL.
Thanks bluehole!:wave

Post a picture of your oilhead

Thanks bluehole!:wave

Weeman - is the Tupperware original on your '95 RSL? I thought 1996 was the first year for silver on the side fairing bottoms and behind the cylinder cutouts. I see you also have a color matched dash. My '95 doesn't have those.
IMG_1607.JPG

Weeman - is the Tupperware original on your '95 RSL? I thought 1996 was the first year for silver on the side fairing bottoms and behind the cylinder cutouts. I see you also have a color matched dash. My '95 doesn't have those.
IMG_1607.JPG

I bought it with the paint you see....I assume it was original but it's possible that it has been repainted. It does have a nice cobalt blue finish!:thumb

weeman, where was this picture taken? Tell us more about the bike. When did you buy it? How did you come across it?

Back