• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Post a picture of your Oilhead

Cobra Gunship

Saw lots of these gunships while in Vietnam in 1969. This is a nicely restored one in Mark, IL.

Last edited:
Nice

Saw lots of these gunships while in Vietnam in 1969. This is a nicely restored one in Mark, IL.

I'll work on getting Ursala in a few better shots of Birds I've flown, or just sexy birds. That is a very nicely restored F-model AH-1 on display in Mark, IL, why Mark, no Idea I'm sure there's a story, I was one of the last Cobra Pilots in the Army. One unit held out a little longer than mine, and that was the unit I went to next, 1-25 atk in Hawaii, some Cobra pilots went down kicking and screaming, I did too, just wasn't worth an O-Conus PCS move, (of course ended up going there any-ways, only 2 years later.) I'll see if I can get more Pics of Ursala with Cobra's, I've seen several static displays around here that would be a nice back drop for the Beemer.
BTW, I grew up about 50 miles south east of that location, Paxton/Rantoul/Loda area, airforce brat.

Really Washed...............

Needs to be throughly rinsed...........

Attachments

• Bikewash.jpg
    Bikewash.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 987
Our new to us 2000 R1100RT overcast skys made for a poor photo but I couldnt wait to show her off............

Attachments

• 2000RT 006.jpg
    2000RT 006.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 947
Our new to us 2000 R1100RT overcast skys made for a poor photo but I couldnt wait to show her off............

I Like her tooo!

R1100RT-700-3.jpg

Mike

Old and Dirty

One of my best GS rides was the 2001 BMW sponsored GS Ride thru the Ocala National Forest, during Bike Week. Jimmy Lewis led the pack and did some training on deep sand and offroad riding techniques. Was an absolute blast!

The ride was divided up based on experience, and after riding enduros in MI for 30+ yrs I thought I would be up to the more difficult part of the ride. In one muddy section, I stopped to help a fellow rider who was stuck in a deep mudhole....and after I get him out, and started to follow him, I got too close to his knobby tire in another mud section....and the pic shows the results. Got a lot of laughs at the next rest stop. Both the bike and I needed a good hose down back at the motel.

Larry Robison :bikes

Attachments

• Ocala Speed2_sm3-1.jpg
    Ocala Speed2_sm3-1.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 909
Last edited:
My Bike @ 2008 Seattle Motorcycle Show

:bikes :nyah
!!! If you can't Modify, Hack or Repair it, You don't own it !!!

Attachments

• 2420269590027392651QanVmZ_ph.jpg
    2420269590027392651QanVmZ_ph.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 854
Image11a.jpg

Image14a.jpg

new BMW owner
alot to learn
fairly new rider.
traded a 2007 bergman 400 and $500
just over 14k on it
stock.....so far.

other bike is a 2006 Zuki C50

Image11a.jpg

Image14a.jpg

new BMW owner
alot to learn
fairly new rider.
traded a 2007 bergman 400 and $500
just over 14k on it
stock.....so far.

other bike is a 2006 Zuki C50

Boxwrench , Welcome , and as Howie Mandel would say
"Boxwrench , You made a great deal"

Mike

Here is my 2001 R1100RL SE

Me departing from Charlotte NC to New Orleans this past Aug.

Wade

Attachments

• NOLA 08 22 005.JPG
    NOLA 08 22 005.JPG
    121.3 KB · Views: 815
Nice Wade , but your girl frind there , WELL...........
:whistle
Mike

Funny story, my wife and kids were already in New Orleans and my youngest daughter begged me to bring that bear with me. So how can you turn down a sad child. Snowball (the bear) rode the entire ride strapped to the bike, in the middle of tropical storm Fay and all. She was a real trooper, had to throw her in the washer machine when I got there. It was fun, got all kinds of strange looks and smiles.

Wade

Attachments

• NOLA 08 22 029.JPG
    NOLA 08 22 029.JPG
    113.4 KB · Views: 799
Back