• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Post a picture of your Oilhead

Can't we all just get along?

When our stated goal of world domination is so close at hand? Never!

"S" and "RS" riders of BMWMOA unite! :D

PS I guess the "other" oilheads are great bikes, too. They're just not AS great as another bike which shall remain nameless.

Thank you!
I love the way it always looks like wet paint! Must be the colour, you are right, it is very deep and rich. Hard to justify an extra $ 15,000 + for a newer R1200rt.

That's what you get for riding eye candy. :stick

Nobody blinks when my RS only get washed by the rain or a rear peg doesn't point up. A little mud and bugs on the fairing might even cover a few scars.

IMG_0612.JPG

Time to rename the thread S vs RS photos?

OUCH! That musta hurt!!! Hope you didn't get similar scars during that event...!

R1100RS...

Sweet! Looks just like the RS I talked my buddy into buying! :D

Of course it's not quite as quick as my S! :brow

Cheers!

RS to S Conversion.

2012-11-22_13-45-06_462-L.jpg

2012-11-22_13-46-30_973-L.jpg

Does this mean I am in with the In Crowd? :)

Wow, Interesting conversion!

Perhaps you could do a technical write up for ON? Details of all the steps, costs, etc?

Also wonder how difficult it might be to reverse the process, just in a case a future owner would rather have an RS??? :thumb

:lurk

OUCH! That musta hurt!!! Hope you didn't get similar scars during that event...!

Two different events on two different bikes, neither of which was owned or ridden by me at the time. The fairing its a combination of a '95 and a '96. The big scar is where the two were joined.

RS to S Conversion.

2012-11-22_13-46-30_973-L.jpg

Does this mean I am in with the In Crowd? :)

That's hilarious. You're "in" based on your sense of humour alone. :thumb

And I too would like to see the technical write up. Specifically, I'd like to hear of the performance improvements (obviously it can only be better, right? :laugh) you've seen since the conversion.

As an aside: Its this sort of thing which makes winter more bearable.

snort laff

i recall when i was a total newbie to BMW world and trying to figure out the slashes and GS's and R's and R100T's and C's and K's and F's and OMeffing jebus!

you know know you just confused the daylights of of a whole big bunch of newer newbies.
:thumb

i recall when i was a total newbie to BMW world and trying to figure out the slashes and GS's and R's and R100T's and C's and K's and F's and OMeffing jebus!

you know know you just confused the daylights of of a whole big bunch of newer newbies.
:thumb

We gotta keep 'em guessing! :laugh

bigsur52, All S bikes look much better than those ole RS things. :laugh

Attachments

• BMW_R1100S_2004_03_w1440.jpg
    BMW_R1100S_2004_03_w1440.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 357
Back