• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Post a picture of your Oilhead

Winter project GS

Changed the color from drab gray to PPG Alpineweiss 3 from the late model BMW car colors. Also, changed out the motor for a newer Dual Spark.

Attachments

• R1150GS.jpg
    R1150GS.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 688
really strange looking oilhead.

what's your point? (isn't the name of this thread "post a picture of your OILhead"?)

IMHO, he's okay posting that...after all it is an "original" S. :laugh

So he gets a pass vote from me...but then I am sort of "closet" R90S fan. :whistle

OTOH, I'll take my '04 S over an R90S any day of the week, and twice on Sundays...

:drink

Originally Posted by bikerfish1100
"really strange looking oilhead."
" what's your point " ? (isn't the name of this thread "post a picture of your OILhead"?)

I agree with SeabeckS, the posting is just fine and the Daytona looks sharp !
wish he had a pic of a the classic Silver Smoke :bikes
Those R90S's are considered to be the first sport touring bikes
A little tolerance for your brother and mine !
Are we not all BMW riders !
(his other ride is probably an oilhead)
Safe riding folks !

02 r1150r

New to me, I bought it in December 2011 have driven it every month since and put about 1000 on her already.

Attachments

• IMG_20120307_090403.jpg
    IMG_20120307_090403.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 580
Here is my oilhead. This picture was taken at the site of Woodstock in Bethal, NY

Attachments

• Photo_B3829932-BB43-A2E4-E704-97E6FDD8CC89.jpg
    Photo_B3829932-BB43-A2E4-E704-97E6FDD8CC89.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 526
Ready for the new season

It was +20C today... that is very nice and I have my new mandarin wheels and some Michelin Pilot 2's installed and she is ready to ride....this is a 1999 but I bought new fairings and wheels to get the boxer cup prep look I love... it is a sweet ride....

Attachments

• DSC_0161.jpg
    DSC_0161.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 465
It was +20C today... that is very nice and I have my new mandarin wheels and some Michelin Pilot 2's installed and she is ready to ride....this is a 1999 but I bought new fairings and wheels to get the boxer cup prep look I love... it is a sweet ride....

Beeyouteeful. :bow

Oilhead at the alter

AirheadAddiction
Been there - loved it

Attachments

• going to church.jpg
    going to church.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 405
Last edited:
Sold the K75S and replaced her with this Rockster. Added some goodies such as the Gimbel belly pan, Sargent saddle, IICE Air, and an HID low beam (not a cheapo kit from China). Here she is:
DSCN0424.jpg

Sold the K75S and replaced her with this Rockster. Added some goodies such as the Gimbel belly pan, Sargent saddle, IICE Air, and an HID low beam (not a cheapo kit from China).

Wow, that's a sweet-looking Rockster. Very nice!

Why thank you. Coming from a brick to this, the change is drastic but I'm very happy with the update. It reminds me of my father's 74 R90S on steroids in every facet.

Another one of the GS

Atop Cadillac Mountain, Acadia National Park, Maine....

9f92c207.jpg

Somewhere between Maine and New Jersey....

b93c9664.jpg

GREAT looking Rockster! :thumb

Perhaps if I'd gotten one of those in '04 instead of a standard Roadster I'd still have it. But on the other hand, I do like my Gray/Mandarin 11S.

Back