• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Post a picture of your Oilhead

GREAT looking Rockster! :thumb

Perhaps if I'd gotten one of those in '04 instead of a standard Roadster I'd still have it. But on the other hand, I do like my Gray/Mandarin 11S.

Again with the Gray/Mandarin, eh? Well, I guess if you can't have a Pacific Blue one, Gray/Mandarin is a good second choice. :rofl

And that IS a great looking Rockster!

My 2000 R1100R

sg1m5i.png

Just pick up this 2004 R1150RS - working to increase the mileage count which is presently 1800.

Attachments

• IMG01282-20120505-1351.jpg
    IMG01282-20120505-1351.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 551
You two guys found some deals! I found an 800 mile 2002 R1150R a few years back...still smelled like new tires in the garage it was in.

Nice bikes by the way!

indeed, posting a water cooled beast in the oilhead section, shame on me.. i was all amped up about my new oilhead r1150r.. deleted my original post now :banghead

don't know if you needed to do that - I just figured your GS was getting jealous and tried to be more like your new bike.

It was still a picture of a bike, and :bikes

Anyway - it isn't like we haven't had a water cooled bike in here before.
http://forums.bmwmoa.org/showpost.php?p=394613&postcount=781

Last edited:
My new toy......

'97 R1100RT. My first Beemer. Just a bit over 38k and a current service record booklet. Life is good.

Attachments

• IMG_0212.jpg
    IMG_0212.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 514
1994 rs1100rs

IMG-20120417-00071.jpgThis is really my first bike. A friend let me borrow his 1974 R90/6 to learn on. He has a stable of 6 bikes, all BMW's. I purchased this one after about 6 months on the R90. It had about 26,000 miles on it and was a bit dirty. Some of the panels were damaged a little and the paint was generally a bit faded.It had belonged to an older gentleman whose wife would not let him ride anymore. He was 94 and his eyes are not what they used to be...which explained the condition of the bike. Mechanically, it was in great shape.
I put the bike away in the middle of January because the weather was finally getting a bit colder and I didn'y want to ride in the freezing temperatures. My friend let me put my bike in his heated basement so I could work on it during the winter. I read a lot and asked a lot of questions and proceeded to remove all the panels and take them to be repaired and repainted. While the panels were gone I rebuilt the front master cyclinder which had been leaking onto the trim for a while. I went over the entire bike to clean the dust and dirt off at least three times. As you can see from the photos, the bike now looks really nice. It rides as well as it looks, very comfortable and it goes!
Tony

As you can see from the photos, the bike now looks really nice. It rides as well as it looks, very comfortable and it goes!
Tony

Wow, Tony. That paint looks terrific. I'd like to repaint mine someday to brighten it up and take care of some scratches. Very nice RS. Ride it every chance you get.

Wow, Tony. That paint looks terrific. I'd like to repaint mine someday to brighten it up and take care of some scratches. Very nice RS. Ride it every chance you get.

Hey Mark
I do ride it to work every day possible(a 50 mile round trip). Winter is fine, too as long as the roads are dry. Going to have Denali 2 lights from Twisted Throttle installed this summer for my drives home at night
Tony

Back