• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Post a picture of your Oilhead

Man, there are some sweet bikes on this forum!

Here's my recently purchased 04 R1100s taking a break this past summer off of Highway-9 in Santa Cruz Mountains, Ca. :wave

3819795216_5778e49f71_o.jpg

nice job in adding to the collection :thumb

is that black and blue, or just blue and shadow? either way, she looks nice.
a buddy of mine in CT has the same blue/same year, done up as an 1150 from San Jose. runs good, looks good.

bikerfish1100: It's just the standard Pacific Blue with some carbon fiber add-ons. That upgrade from San Jose BMW sounds nice. I wish I would win the lottery one of these days!

2002 r1150rt

2002 r1150rt

Attachments

• bmw 1150-1.jpg
    bmw 1150-1.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 930
2002 1150 rt

It is paint by Holt BMW, how do I know? It used to be mine, bought it new and traded it for a CLC last year. One of my things has always been blue wheels had them on 3 BMW's and thinking about doing them on the CLC. I loved that bike and I hope you do too!:dance

03 1150rt w/owner taking a pose

Attachments

• hooks on ebay 128.jpg
    hooks on ebay 128.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 931
My house is somewhat more modest than the one above. This is my first BMW. It's far and away the finest motorcycle I have ever ridden.

Attachments

• bmw13.jpg
    bmw13.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 869
2002 r1100s

The R11S with Mt. Adams in the background. Taken at Sport Bike Northwest in July 2009.
SBNW09067.jpg

R11S at sunset, Stateline, ID, Mini-Sturgis 2008
july2008207.jpg

Here is Black Nasty, my previous Oil Head, about 40 miles from any asphalt, The GeologistÔÇÖs cabin at the base of Mengal Pass in Death Valley.
38174315_KNfiZ-M.jpg

Here is Black Nasty just after I put a 21" front wheel on her; she is resting after some tough stuff at the local off road park
38174331_9vj9G-O.jpg

The Oil Head IÔÇÖm riding now, Blue Nasty. Heck, they are sisters, and she had to have a name:brow
754100499_xtvet-L.jpg

Nah...I got my BMW shirt "dirty" the night before :beer so the Honda one was my next choice. It did sort run funny when I had my HD shirt once...last time for that!!

Nope...at least not that time...ended up riding in traffic through the 'hood. I think we've found another way that may eliminate the traffic and risk...I'll post the route if we end up going I'm not feeling too good about the AMA Roadracing effort these days...

Likewise...as much as I enjoyed the races last year, I'm taking a wait and see attitude. A handful of bikes on the grid isn't that exciting. I am doing the Indy Moto GP though...:dance

Back