• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Post a picture of your Oilhead

The 2nd "10 minute earlier" shot HAS to make the cover. If it doesn't, I'll be very surprised. Perfect. Just plain perfect.

Here is a pic from a ride back in February to Mt. Laguna in San Diego County. BTW, it was about 80F down in the lowlands.

Attachments

• Mt Laguna Ride.jpg
    Mt Laguna Ride.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 760
Ok, I'm new to the motorcycle life and finally, at the age of 60 in January, got my first bike, a 2000 R1100RT, and after joining BMW MOA and pouring over all of the forum topics, it's time to ask the question. This oilhead/airhead thing must be related to the type of engine, right?

And, it's

Beemer => motorcycles

Bimmer => cars

:nod

Welcome aboard!

My 'new' 2002 R1150GS with Jesse Cases and a several other nice add ons.

272696933_ZYhGu-M.jpg

03 R1150gs

Taken today at Tela Beach, Honduras.

Attachments

• P5080580.JPG
    P5080580.JPG
    148.4 KB · Views: 707
The 2nd "10 minute earlier" shot HAS to make the cover. If it doesn't, I'll be very surprised. Perfect. Just plain perfect.

Yeah... They wanted it badly... I unfortunately shot that w/ a CoolPix 880 and the rez was to low for print. Great for online... Bad for covers... I was bummed.
Current cover, May ON is nice... But it ain't no Mt Rainier! :banghead

My '04 1150R

This picture was taken at the end of the Cherohala Skyway in Tennessee. This bike is the perfect match to my '77 R100S. Great bikes, both.

Attachments

• myoilhead.JPG
    myoilhead.JPG
    77.9 KB · Views: 655
My RT-P

My RT-P conversion at Pipestem State Park in WV last weekend

Perty?

Ain't She Perty???!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• 221 001.jpg
    221 001.jpg
    149.1 KB · Views: 786
One More

One more taken this weekend on a ride to the Simon Kenton Home site historical marker.

Attachments

• 331 003.jpg
    331 003.jpg
    154.5 KB · Views: 784
New (to me) '04 Artie

VP882115_2.jpg

Bought it at lunchtime today - picking it up after work. More photos and descriptions to follow.

Keeping the '77 R75/7, of course!!!

UPDATE: Here's a photo in St. Joseph, MO. That's the fabled girlfriend behind the motorcycle. Rode there after the HOAME Vintage Motorcycle Show at Kansas Speedway. Look for more photos from that in another thread. (Ride Reports, perhaps?)
IMG_0247.jpg

Oh yeah, I forgot! The night after I brought the '04 RT home, I set to work hard-wiring the Zumo. I took the left-side fairing off to get to the battery, and this is what I found on the tank. Ha! I replaced the original owner's name and phone number (obscured for anonymity) with mine, changed the date, and changed "Stolen From" to "Liberated By". I left "Have a nice day." :laugh

IMG_0163-1.jpg

Last edited:
Overdue

Since some forum re-organizing, I realized mine was not posted here.

This is from our West Virginia trip last year, ready to depart from Smoke Hole Cabins.

Attachments

• Momo WV 046.jpg
    Momo WV 046.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 726
2001 R1100R L Limited Edition

Love this bike...

Attachments

• 01 R1100R L.JPG
    01 R1100R L.JPG
    37.3 KB · Views: 724
Back