• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Post a picture of your Oilhead

Dennis, sharp RT!

You might want to have a look at the newer mini satellite antennae - it would mount up a little cleaner on that GIVI than that old dinosaur you have on it now. More aerodynamic too. (Sorry to sound so critical; just trying to help a bro).

!!! I can't believe it - in the time it took me to type up my response two others beat me to it! Gosh! (The world is full of us smart a$$es.)

Last edited:
alien_hitchhiker said:
!!! I can't believe it - in the time it took me to type up my response two others beat me to it! Gosh! (The world is full of us smart a$$es.)

That's alright Steve I'm still LMAO and crying so hard at SCQTTs follow-up that I started crying and rolling around on the floor again when you posted. :thumb

(EDIT: This is why I love the Forum!!!!)

Steve, I was wondering if anyone would really think that was a minidish, or the 20 year old 10ft winegard that it actually is.

You gave me up.
Dennis

Last edited:
Dennis is doesn't matter, welcome to the club, grab a glass of your fovorite and enjoy the fun and ribing as seen fit by most of us. :nyah

Nice picture and a very nice R1200RT.... :thumb

I broke the link, sorry

1758811R1200RT002.jpg

n1kcl said:
Two months old, 2400 miles, washed for the third time. Now that the bugs here in North Florida have finally went south, it's time to do some serious riding.
1758755R1200RT002.jpg" width="470" height="352">

N1kcl, it seems that the link to your pic is broken... :(

don't know why the {IMG} comes up

was trying to remove it but I messed it up.
here's a better angle.

1758755R1200RT001.jpg" width="470" height="352">

I un broke it

Thanks Dennis.

I'm going to bed before I really mess something up.

n1kcl said:
try and try again

1758811R1200RT002.jpg" width="470" height="352">

Cool looking bike...I was curious whether the satellite dish was part of the bike to bike fix for Autocom or the new BMW NSA package?...hehehehe

Last edited:
Cool looking bike...I was curious whether the satellite dish was part of the bike to bike fix for Autocom or the new BMW NSA package?...hehehehe

pugypaintguy, thanks for the cool.

actually it's a satellite tracking device that I had to tig weld to the givi rack so my wife could keep track of me.

Dennis

A satellite dish mounted on a top case is no big deal. How bout a steering wheel mounted on the steering column for when you get tired of holding the handle bars. :thumb

Attachments

• wheel.jpg
    wheel.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 2,067
...Let's see ...a satellite dish for sat tracking, steering wheel ...I love it...time to go to the Touratech or Wunderlich site...LMBO :laugh

RTRandy said:
A satellite dish mounted on a top case is no big deal. How bout a steering wheel mounted on the steering column for when you get tired of holding the handle bars. :thumb

Randy that's a very cool 'Hack' but doesn't that extra wheel on the front right corner mess up the handling? :nyah

Are those two high-back seats leather or Naugha-hyde?

My fav ride

2000 R1200C on the Willow City Loop near Fredricksburg, Tx. April 2005

Attachments

• HC.2005.11.jpg
    HC.2005.11.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 2,117
Our two-up touring bike

1998 R1100RT on it's 50K photo shoot.

Attachments

• 024_21A.cmp.jpg
    024_21A.cmp.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 2,110
k1200ltdbl said:
So could 0 degrees, can't even go out to take a photo of the new ride, but this will have to do, it's much warmer on my desk.

Cold in Wi.? Not here in ND, it's a balmy 72, great weather for taking pics! :ha
Actually I probably could have rode today, temp made it up to 40 but so did the wind. It was so cold here last week though that I just couldn't stand seeing my baby setting out in that cold garage so I had to try and see how hard it was to get through the door (36")....not bad at all actually, just had to wiggle the bars through a little. No, I'm not married. :brow

Barry
ye36qv.jpg

Back