• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Bar risers/backs

ppaintguy

Does anyone know of a company selling F650GS bar backs and risers for a 2005 model please? I have ordered from Bob's and they are different on the 2005 model now than previous models. I just looked at touratech and sent them a message but just thought I would ask the question...thanks

I presume you've already gone to www.F650.com and checked the FAQs and vendor list? Of course the problem is that updates for the '05s haven't happened yet. TT only sells risers (and they fit the 05 as no change to this part of the bike was made); ditto with Wunderlich.
Greg

Thanks Greg, I had been to that site and checked out some stuff. I had bought the Bar-Bax from Bob's when I purchased the ones for my GSA since they were supposed to be the same except for bolts, and when I tried them on they were not even close to alignment. Bob's of course is a top notch outfit, credited me and said that they will not be making them for the 2005 since there is no call for them...lol. A batch of 250 have to be made or so. I suspect that BMW probably switched to the same bar assembly as the CS although I hate to guess again but may have to.

Thanks again,
Andy

Andy - The problem with the F set up is that the holes are asymmetric so most backs or risers won't fit. You can always rock the bars back a bit if you're feeling too far forward. Oh, please join the chain gang so you can get lots of tips without feeling "guilty".
Cheers, Greg

Thanks Greg and I am going to go join it right now. The 650 is actually my wife's bike although I love that thing too. Awesome bike and the sound of a thumper is to die for...I get flashbacks of my old XT500 and my CCM in UK growing up. Thanks again, I will look on the Chain Gang and decide if I need to order a few different ones and return the ones that don't fit...lol

Back