• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Windshield revisted

bigwaves

Now that i am down to 3 feet of snow it's time to start working on the bikes again. Last season i put an Aeroflow windshield on my GT. it works great under 50 mph. At highway speeds i experience terrible buffeting. I am 6 feet with a 32" inseam. I am now looking at the 7Jurock or Cee Bailey's 24". Does anyone have recent experience with these shields?

Now that i am down to 3 feet of snow it's time to start working on the bikes again. Last season i put an Aeroflow windshield on my GT. it works great under 50 mph. At highway speeds i experience terrible buffeting. I am 6 feet with a 32" inseam. I am now looking at the 7Jurock or Cee Bailey's 24". Does anyone have recent experience with these shields?

CeeBailey 24" wide body due in this week for my GTL. I'll post my thoughts as fast as i can get it installed and put some time on it.

I have a CeeBailys GT Medium on my GTL. Buffeting is less than stock GTL, but its easily managed by dialing in the windshield height for speed, now.

24" wide body cee bailey windshield

I was able to get some time on the bike this weekend with the new 24" wide body Cee Bailey. I love the quiet pocket of air with this new windshield. I'm only 5'8.5" but with the height adjustments you can make there's no reason this shouldn't work as well for you.
CB

I have had the Cee Baily 24 wide on my GTL now for about 3 years. I am 6"3 and find it perfect in every way.
Hope this helps, Tom

Cee Bailey 26" wide with vent

I just put mine on and rode it for a little over and hour last week. I had the wunderlich wing on the stock one last year so my helmet wouldn't get buffeted. Now I don't need the wing and I can notice the overall difference. I also got the cee bailey plexi cleaner and their version of 'rainx' safe for plastics. The cleaner works great. I'm assuming the rain repellent will too. Two thumbs up. 30.5" inseam just over 6' tall 2014 GTL

GT/GTL windshiled

I have a 24" (cut down to 22") Cee Bailey touring shield on my GTL. 5K on bike, mostly 2 up, good air circulation for rider and passenger. works great in rain or hot weather. I am able to look over top of shield in full retracted position with little buffeting for rider or passenger.

Love the Cee Baileys windscreen......I have the 26" tinted on my Exclusive and love it.

Big improvement over stock coverage for both rider and passenger......buffeting reduced also.
The finish of the screen is what I would consider a high-end look....black highly polished edges and the gray tint......looks very sweet on the Exclusive.

Had the Aeroflow but didn't care for the oval design or milky screen color.

windscreen

just got a California scientific very impressed with so far nice design and very well made and price was great

Cee Baileys over aeroflow

" I was able to get some time with the Cee Baileys. Major improvement over the Aeroflow on the highway."

Bigwaves, just curious, which Aeroflow did you have? I just ordered the new version GT/L from Paige at aeroflow in the std height. Better protection for me, but no change (and possibly worse) for my passenger! I will be sending it back and going for either the Std GTL, or medium GT. I'm 5'7" with 30" inseam and passenger is 5'4".

" I was able to get some time with the Cee Baileys. Major improvement over the Aeroflow on the highway."

Bigwaves, just curious, which Aeroflow did you have? I just ordered the new version GT/L from Paige at aeroflow in the std height. Better protection for me, but no change (and possibly worse) for my passenger! I will be sending it back and going for either the Std GTL, or medium GT. I'm 5'7" with 30" inseam and passenger is 5'4".

I have the medium. I am 6'1 with broad shoulders. The Aeroflow beat me up on the highway. The Cee Baileys 24 wide - is a dream for me.

Back