• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

ruh-roh

aapasquale

aapasquale
Had my injectors cleaned and balanced and was installing them tonight. In reinstalling the one on the left-hand throttle body, when I went to put the fuel tube back on the injector....snap....the 20+ year old fuel supply line to the injector just snapped!!!! I am sick! I looked at the line closely. It goes under the battery box and cannot be gotten to without removing the box. It appears that the ABS and everything in creation will have to be taken off. Am I right or can the line be salvaged somehow. By the way, it is a 1994 R1100RS. I had to walk away from it today I was so bummed out. Am reading tonight in Haynes and Clymer to find out what has to be done. Any help would be welcome. :kiss

Although some people have repaired them in place with hose and clamps, I would replace it with a new or newer part.

You don't have to completely remove the airbox, but you do have to lift the subframe a bit to allow the airbox to go back about two inches. It's about two hours of work to disconnect enough stuff from the subframe and then raise it to let the airbox move back. In general, the various how-tos on transmission removal will list the steps you need to take.

Steptoe in ADV riders does it without lifting anything.
Google the subject or ask in the oilheads forum.
It's been a couple of years since I read it.

Had my injectors cleaned and balanced and was installing them tonight. In reinstalling the one on the left-hand throttle body, when I went to put the fuel tube back on the injector....snap....the 20+ year old fuel supply line to the injector just snapped!!!! I am sick! I looked at the line closely. It goes under the battery box and cannot be gotten to without removing the box. It appears that the ABS and everything in creation will have to be taken off. Am I right or can the line be salvaged somehow. By the way, it is a 1994 R1100RS. I had to walk away from it today I was so bummed out. Am reading tonight in Haynes and Clymer to find out what has to be done. Any help would be welcome. :kiss

What month of manufacture? if 05/94 or newer, I have a good used one. PM me if you are interested.

Steptoe in ADV riders does it without lifting anything.
Google the subject or ask in the oilheads forum.
It's been a couple of years since I read it.

Thanks all
My blood pressure has subsided (LOL) and I'm coherent once again. I found the post in ADV by Steptoe and it does look like a real possibility with a minimum of teardown. Anton, in reading your post, initially I thought you meant I had to remove transmission but I believe I am wrong in that. It appears that I may be able to do this! I will let you all know how things progress.
Thanks GSAddict for the offer. I think I will replace with new part. The cost is not prohibitive.
Tony

Anton, in reading your post, initially I thought you meant I had to remove transmission but I believe I am wrong in that.

Definitely no need to do that. I don't like to bend those things around too much so I lift the subframe a bit to make more room. I almost never have to replace one without doing )or at least inspecting) other stuff as well, so it's no big deal. If you can do it without lifting the subframe, good on ya'!

20150225_122106_resized.jpg

I did a temporary repair until I get the part. No leaks. Stainless Steel high pressure tubing and gas line clamps. No leaks and line is exactly the correct outside diameter. The clamps were an afterthought. The SS line was so snug against original line I wasn't able to pull it apart without MUCH force.

Back