• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

over 5000 members and counting.

LORAZEPAM

leave my monkey alone
sure seems like yesterday when we were contemplating 2000 members on the site. Any guesses when we will hit 10000 members?

August 19, 2006 with a plus/minus factor of .00824% would be my stab in the dark.

and the fourm is still as slow as a harley............

I dunno about slow. We're seeing better than a hundred posts a day, which is good and better than a couple hundred registered users a day. We're typically seeing 10 or 15 new registrants a day as well.

Most importantly, we're seeing lots of new faces in here. :thumb

And the number of reqistered members visiting per day is creeping up steadily. More traffic = more content = a better forum. :clap

we all need to remember to be gentle to the people that show up and post stuff like,

"HI I JUST JOINED UP. WHAT KIND OF [insert item here] IS THE BEST? LOL. TIA."

break 'em in easy... we were all new once.

username said:
we all need to remember to be gentle to the people that show up and post stuff like,

"HI I JUST JOINED UP. WHAT KIND OF [insert item here] IS THE BEST? LOL. TIA."

break 'em in easy... we were all new once.

Yes, indeed, we were. :buds

Here is a new face for you - OK maybe it is old to some folks. :wave

12926968-M.jpg

Still pretty quiet here compared to some forums but at least this one tends to stay on topic.

I like the new layout and my new username. :type

Dick said:
Here is a new face for you - OK maybe it is old to some folks. :wave

12926968-M.jpg

Still pretty quiet here compared to some forums but at least this one tends to stay on topic.

I like the new layout and my new username. :type

Hiya Dick. :wave

-must refrain from blending blue with red-

I think stats of how many people check in regularly and how many registered but never return would also be helpful. It would be nice in 50% of the membership checked the forum monthly.

MarkF said:
I think stats of how many people check in regularly and how many registered but never return would also be helpful. It would be nice in 50% of the membership checked the forum monthly.

Gimme a bit and I might be able to generate some of those numbers.

BubbaZanetti said:
and the fourm is still as slow as a harley............

Hey Bubba, dial up is so 20th century. You might want to trade in that 386dx computer for one a little faster too.

while we're plotting numbers, is it possible to plot total forum members on the Y axis, and month/year on the x-axis, so we can see "spikes" and that sort of thing? i'm willing to bet that a lot of folks came home from the rally and thought, "i need to register for that thing."

it might be possible to overlay that with our bandwidth usage and extrapolate, and get an idea of what kind of hardware we'll need in two years, and what kind of costs we'll incur supporting a larger, more used forum.

perhaps you guys are already all over this...

username said:
while we're plotting numbers, is it possible to plot total forum members on the Y axis, and month/year on the x-axis, so we can see "spikes" and that sort of thing? i'm willing to bet that a lot of folks came home from the rally and thought, "i need to register for that thing."

it might be possible to overlay that with our bandwidth usage and extrapolate, and get an idea of what kind of hardware we'll need in two years, and what kind of costs we'll incur supporting a larger, more used forum.

:nod

username said:

gawd i love it when you talk dirty.

lorazepam said:
Hey Bubba, dial up is so 20th century. You might want to trade in that 386dx computer for one a little faster too.

content my man! not access time, which is great now
:)

hey, i just found a Jazz Drive in the closet here at work, remember those???

Back