• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Movies You Just Have To Watch, Regardless of How Many Times You Have Seen Them

fastdogs2

The Arctic blast has made its way to usually pleasant North Carolina. We have 18 degrees now and it is supposed to go down to 4 tonight and 0 tomorrow night. I am sitting here browsing the forum and a post from recceranger about The Hunt For Red October film prompted me to think of movies I can't resist when they come on TV, even though I have seen them 20-30 times. Here are a few of mine, but I would be curious to hear if others have their favorites:

Twelve O'Clock High
The Quiet Man
The Guns of Navarone
The Shawshank Redmption
Battle Cry
The Naked and the Dead
Battleground
The Battle of the Bulge
Ben Hur
The Great Escape

Bill

Looking at your list the first one that popped into my head was Bridge On the River Kwai. Recent ones would be anything Gandalf related.

The Arctic blast has made its way to usually pleasant North Carolina. We have 18 degrees now and it is supposed to go down to 4 tonight and 0 tomorrow night. I am sitting here browsing the forum and a post from recceranger about The Hunt For Red October film prompted me to think of movies I can't resist when they come on TV, even though I have seen them 20-30 times. Here are a few of mine, but I would be curious to hear if others have their favorites:

Twelve O'Clock High
The Quiet Man
The Guns of Navarone
The Shawshank Redmption
Battle Cry
The Naked and the Dead
Battleground
The Battle of the Bulge
Ben Hur
The Great Escape

Bill

Add:

Saving Private Ryan
Key Largo
Casablanca
The Maltese Falcon
Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World
The Big Sleep
African Queen
The Searchers
Gladiator

For a good Canuck, there is one, maybe two movies.

Goon
Slap Shot

Then again, you might have to be an ex-hockey player, beer drinking Canadian to see the social importance in those movies.

Having a seven year old, my mind's mostly coming up with kid's movies. But, the few I can think of are:

Diner
Philadelphia Story
Bringing Up Baby
The Longest Day
To Catch a Thief

Plus many of those already listed.

Heat
To Live and Die in LA.
Aliens- directors cut with the extra 17 minutes.
The Kingdom.
We Were Soldiers.
About A Boy.
The Last Boy Scout.
Omega Man :wave

Turned the tv on last night and hit A Few Good Men right before the Jack Nicholson scene.No way was I not going to watch it.Still one of the best scenes ever filmed.

I like all movies mentioned, don't recognize the Canadian movies..
Here are a few for thought:

12 monkies
Shadowlands
The fastest indian
The longest day
Blackhawk down
Long way down
The mission
The incredibles

To Have and Have Not
Stalag 17
The Lady Eve