• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Ride suggestions near Surfside Beach?

wejohnson

Traveling to Surfisde Beach (south of Myrtle) in April and planning to take the new RT. Any suggestions for nice day trips in an around this area?

Also - travel route there.

I forgot tomention that if the weather cooperates - going in mid- April, I may ride down there from northeast Ohio. Suggestions for travel routes that are not all interstate would be appreciated, too.

A nice ride might be down to Charleston or up to Wilmington.

Charleston is an interesting, historical town. The ride through Francis Marion National Forest is scenic.

If you go to Wilmington you can always see the battleship North Carolina. Stop in Little River or Calabash for seafood.

Thanks for the suggestions!

I'll definitely give the scenic ride to / through the forest a try. That sounds like what I'm looking for.

head to the mountains

if you are leaving Myrtle Beach with a new RT, forget the costal areas. I am moving from Ct. to Southport NC which is a 45 minute ride to north Myrtle beach. A boring ride and I have doe it several times.
Take advantage of the roads and head to Charlotte and stay downtown and enjoy the sites. A great city. Then head north and west to the Blue ridge pkwy. and Smokey mountains and spend all day riding those roads and check out the Tail of the dragon. If you find a great stretch of road you love, turn around and do it again. Try not to be in a hurry to get home. After that ride home, your bike will be forever part of you. Good luck.:thumb

A quick update

Thanks to those who replied. As suggested, I didn't find a lot of interesting riding in SC, but the rides through WV, VA and NC were wonderful. I was able to do a bit of the Blue Ridge Parkway, a bit of the Midland Trail (60 out of Charleston, WV), and some of 52 (which was one of my favorite parts). And even 77 and 64 which I thought would be boring were pretty great down through those states.

And the new RT performed wonderfully. I'm hooked now on the bike for real!

Back