• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

NASCAR 2015 :burnout

Omega Man

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat
Staff member
Yeah it that time again race fans, the season starts with the Daytona 500 on the 22nd of February. Looks like 1:00pm on Fox.
While the sorta sitting watching hours of "goin' round" seem pointless to some, there is quite a bit of technical data that is discussed and if you happen to be mechanically inclined, paying attention will pay off.
A good link for more info is here- http://www.nascar.com/en_us/sprint-cup-series/schedule.html
The Camping World Truck Series season kicks off with their event, also at Daytona, on February 20th at 7:30 pm.

So, enjoy and maybe learn a thing or two.....perhaps maybe even a nice nap next to the big screen while the gang roar by at 200 MPH :burnout
OM

But you forgot! The Unlimited on the 14th and the Duels on the 19th. Here we go!!!

Dayton party happens every year in our neck of the woods...racing, food, buds, and beer! Next best thing to a rally! Oh yeah, plenty of race pools and side betting.

Daytona is always my marker on the Calendar that Spring is around the corner!

And as I sit here, looking out onto the patio with 3 foot of snow on it I need something to look forward too............

I loose all interest in racing after the third or fourth race as its time to RIDE! :)

jason

Hey - if in the area (SE Wisconsin) around August 27-29, NASCAR comes again to Road America Race Track!

4.1 mile road course and not an 'oval' in sight, so watch these powerful cars fight for position and often try to take some corners four-wide, which usually cannot be done and often results in one car being 'pitted' into the gravel run-off (just ask Danica Patrick!).

http://www.roadamerica.com/buy-tickets.html

Wander the grounds (640 acres) by foot, bike or golf-cart and view the race track from any venue you desire. :usa

Hey - if in the area (SE Wisconsin) around August 27-29, NASCAR comes again to Road America Race Track!

4.1 mile road course and not an 'oval' in sight, so watch these powerful cars fight for position and often try to take some corners four-wide, which usually cannot be done and often results in one car being 'pitted' into the gravel run-off (just ask Danica Patrick!).

http://www.roadamerica.com/buy-tickets.html

Wander the grounds (640 acres) by foot, bike or golf-cart and view the race track from any venue you desire. :usa

Been to Road America for AMA superbike event..great facility...beautiful part of the country too.........

Let's see. Jeff says this year will be his final season so NASCAR is probably going to fix it so that he can be on the pole for Daytona.

Last edited:
And a sport where air pressure does not lead to accusations of cheating! :brow

Just what was in the air...Roush vs. Gordon/Everham many years ago:violin

looking forward to paybacks unleashed on Bad Brad for his multilple run ins...should be interesting

Let's see. Jeff says this year will be his final season so NASCAR is probably going to fix it so that he can be on the pole for Daytona.

Did I call it or what? :nyah

So Jeff wins the poll for his final season. Just like Dale Jr. won the poll on the anniversary of his dad's death and Danica won the poll on her first ever big time race. Come on NASCAR we can see through your fixes.

So Jeff wins the poll for his final season. Just like Dale Jr. won the poll on the anniversary of his dad's death and Danica won the poll on her first ever big time race. Come on NASCAR we can see through your fixes.

Yup, NASCAR fixed it so he just barely crossed the line before time expired to get a timed lap. I guess NASCAR was working with Fox to slow the clock ticks down so he did cross. And NASCAR made sure that no one ahead of him crashed to slow him down. I hate when all that happens! :brow

I just received a response from Jeff as I had forwarded your thoughts to him. He wants to drive your Cayman :evil
OM

You forgot the kid driving the number 3 car winning the pole last year. :stick

Back