Thread: Extended Warranty for K1600 GTL

Extended Warranty for K1600 GTL

My 2012 K1600 GTL warranty expires in March 2015. Looking for extended warranty, only third party warranties seem to be available. Anyone had good experience with extended warranties and willing to share info. BMW dealers seem to have a variety of different extended warranties available from third party insurance companies. Would be great if BMW the manufacturer offered this extension directly.

Lots of experience on k1600 forum fwiw

My dealer offered the RPM One. I think I bought it for $1500 for 4 years.

Quote Originally Posted by DLL66 View Post
    My dealer offered the RPM One. I think I bought it for $1500 for 4 years.
    Is that four additional years for a total of seven?
    Kevin Huddy
    Tm Pterodactyl MT Outpost

Quote Originally Posted by Lpratt View Post
    My 2012 K1600 GTL warranty expires in March 2015. Looking for extended warranty, only third party warranties seem to be available. Anyone had good experience with extended warranties and willing to share info. BMW dealers seem to have a variety of different extended warranties available from third party insurance companies. Would be great if BMW the manufacturer offered this extension directly.
    I'm still undecided at this point. I'm currently reviewing Pinnacle, Zurich and RPM. anyone have resent experience with any of these warranties? I need to make a choice very soon. Appreciate any feedback from those who have had to file a warranty claim.

I bought a Pinnacle policy for my '06 K1200GT but never put in a claim. Bought it from the dealer mainly due to the manager having processed many claims and never having an issue, I still have complete trust in this guy. Back at that time BMW LT's were have final drive failures AND occasional ABS failures. Both expensive items and one high mileage LT had 3 FD's replaced. Remember those policy prices are very negotiable.
    Darrel
    '13 K1600 GT
    '07 R1200 GS "Mule"

Don't Waste Your Money

I'd never get an extended warranty. The insurance companies have done the math because they do not intend on losing money on this deal and will get their profit. It will be cheaper for you to keep your money and self insure by keeping your money in your bank. I am certain some actuary wiz has calculated that the odds of a payout are less than your premium. Sure, there will be exceptions, but for the vast majority of us, they never pay and the situation never happens. I also figure any major warranty work will have already happened. Plus the fact that extended warranties are notoriously difficult to collect. They always have an excuse not to pay such as "owner abuse", "lack of maintenance", "normal wear and tear" or some other BS.

Just sayin.
    Andre Boening
    2010 F800GS and 2012 K1600GT

I have Zurich. $1500, 4 years after Original warranty. My bike has 34000 miles and I plan to keep it. With all the hi Tec this bike has I feel I need the extra protection. Just my opinion, no disrespect to others.

Also Considering Extended Warranty

I have a '14 GSA and already am pushing 25k in 8 mos. Other than tires wearing out too fast, bike has been trouble free. Dlr offering RPM One for $1350. Coverage is addl 5 years unlimited miles and no deductible. Sounds (almost) too good to be true. I need to get a copy of the actual agreement to read the "fine print". They are also offering up to 12 mos to pay with 0% interest. Supposed to be valid across USA and transferable. Even refundable on a pro-rata basis if bike totaled or stolen. All good stuff provided it is clearly stated in the subject contract agreement.