Thread: 2015 USCA National Rally

2015 USCA National Rally

The 2015 USCA National Rally - The Monumental Rally - (It's all about the ride!!) will be held in the Black Hills of South Dakota starting June 25th and going through June 28th. The Central is the Elkview Campground at exit 37 -I90 just SE of Sturgis. It will feature rides through some of the best scenery and crookedest roads that the Black Hills has to offer. We will ride to Mount Rushmore (there are at least 3 ways to get there from Rally Central - all of them great.

Check us out at www.sidecar.com and click on the USCA National Rally option at the top of the home page or contact me at jwshort@rap.midco.net.

Will Short
    North Central Director USCA
    Rally Host
    Rapid City, SD
    jwhort@rap.midco.net

In my own backyard! Must be fate.

I have been wanting a sidecar for my 1995 GS 1100 and now found out a sidecar rally will be in the Black Hills! Anyone know of any sidecars for sale that would fit my bike? Or can someone with more experience direct me to a reputable manufacturer of sidecars for my bike?

DMC Sidecars is a good source. Good products and support with items specific to your bike. Check them out at dmcsidecars.com. Another source maybe EZS. Good luck. A hack will change your life for the better. Ride easy,
    gp
    Gary Phillips - #6322
    Wildland Firefighter, Retired, Riggins, ID
    Heartland Moto Locos BMW Riders
    '77 R100/7 Dirt Hack, '83 R80ST, '85 K100RS w/EML, '00 R1100RS

'99 '03 '06 National Co-Rally Chair Friedle's Avatar

sidecar rally

Quote Originally Posted by 115417 View Post
    I have been wanting a sidecar for my 1995 GS 1100 and now found out a sidecar rally will be in the Black Hills! Anyone know of any sidecars for sale that would fit my bike? Or can someone with more experience direct me to a reputable manufacturer of sidecars for my bike?
    Why not just attend the rally? They won't deny you entrance just because you're not on a sidecar. I'm sure there will be somebody there on a GS 1100 with a chair attached who will be happy to answer any questions you might have. Probably vendors and seminars as well.

Sidecaring is not really a cheap experience to get into on a whim. The rally will be a cheap exposure to the idea and equipment involved.....a VERY different experience than riding a two wheeler.

But, damn it is fun !

Friedle
    63 R75/2 with Steib S-500
    and others
    Ride fast safely

Boxers uber alles
    You'll probably find it cheaper to buy a used Ural than it is to have a hack put on your bike.

Also at the two USCA rallies I went to (Stevenson, WA, and Couer de A'lane, ID) there were used hacks for sale. The cool thing about the USCA rally is the amazing combos you'll see. I mean we all know about Beemers and Harleys being hacked, but you'll see Japanese sport-tourers with hacks, retro Triumphs with hacks, Moto Guzzis with hacks, luxury barges with hacks, etc.

Sidecar builder.

Quote Originally Posted by 115417 View Post
    I would highly recommend Claude Stanley Motorsports if you are looking to have a car built or fitted to your bike. He is great to deal with and extremely well regarded in the SC circles. He is located in central PA and builds cars that are traveling all over the world.