• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

'03 K1200RS Tank Bag Re-Hab

VIEJO

When I purchased my K1200RS new in '03 (Lone Star BMW- Austin, TX) I opted for the BMW tank bag as well and have always found it to be all I was looking for in an expandable tank bag. Now the time has come to renew the foam pads on the bottom of the bag and I'm running into difficulty trying to locate a suitable replacement product, especially a product with the smooth face for the tank bag/bodywork interface. Anyone been down this road before? Viejo 189675

my fix

When this happened to me, I cut a computer mouse pad to fit
And attached it with two sided carpet tape. It doesn't' s match
But it works.
The Lonerider

Back when I was repairing tank bags I used closed cell neoprene foam 3/4, or 1' thick. Lay the tankbag on the foam and draw the outline with chalk. Cut the foam 1/2" inside of the chalk line with an electric carving knife or a serrated bread knife. Glue it to the tankbag with contact cement.
One source for foam, Google shows more.

Back