• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Post a Photo of your K-bike

Rich,

Sorry, that’s not my house. It’s my shop in my backyard.

Sorry, that’s not my nine bikes. The K75C at the far end was sold that afternoon and the red ‘91S (3 spoke wheels) in the middle is a customers bike that was picked up the next day.

So only 6 Ss and my wife’s F700GS are mine.:dunno

See post 1570 page 105 of this thread.

:dance:dance:dance

:thumb:thumb:thumb:thumb:thumb

Just passed safety - needs more restoration but '87 K75S goes like stink

Used to have a K75C around 2015 but it was a little too far gone. This one only has 20k Km and apart from sitting for far too long (and cracks in the fairing) is proving to be a fun ride! I am in Toronto Canada and hoping to take it to the meetup in Guelph next week.
20210815_150649.jpg

Used to have a K75C around 2015 but it was a little too far gone. This one only has 20k Km and apart from sitting for far too long (and cracks in the fairing) is proving to be a fun ride! I am in Toronto Canada and hoping to take it to the meetup in Guelph next week.
View attachment 84841

Petty bike! What is that white sticker on the side of your front tire?

My K11RS in Palmetto Green

I don't believe I have ever posted these pics to this forum but here they are. Best experience I ever had with her was at a recent MOA Rally. I had come back from running an errand and an official MOA photographer stopped me at the gate asking what year it was. I told him '95 and then he said, "That's a nice paint job tooScreenshot_20210317-132021_Gallery.jpgIMG-20190707-WA0017.jpg20160709_085125.jpg". I had to correct him and tell him it is a factory color...hehe.

I remember this bike back in the day. Thought the color, kinda iffy. It’s now kinda grown on me. That may be due to the fact I never liked lima beans. :brow

Here are the two new K's in the family !

Hi new to MOA !

Just bought 2 K75.

The plan ?

Restauration of the bikes during the long winter months !

Attachments

• IMG_1666.jpg
    IMG_1666.jpg
    487 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_1574.jpg
    IMG_1574.jpg
    615.6 KB · Views: 103
My 1991 K75 RT

2000_0102_200442_002.JPG

I bought this 1991 K75 RT in late august when my Harley's engine died . What a nice difference .. What was I thinking of riding a clumsy Harley ?
I had owned a 1978 R100RS Motosport many years ago, I had forgotten how nice Beemers are !

I knew nothing about K bikes ,and was laughing when they told me it was a " Flying Brick." Lol.
I rode it home and all the next few days. I was talking to some riders when I found out my bike had only 3 cylinders . I had thought it would have 4.. Someone told me they sounded like a sewing machine, they were right ..
A first I was scared to try servicing it , the oil fliter was tucked way out of reach, the battery is hidden away ,and nothing's easy to get at !
But then I needed both tires replaced and with the operators manual ,and the 2 other service manuals , and only the BMW tool kit that came with the bike ,I removed both the brake calipers and both wheels , hmmm, that was pretty easy , and kinda fun.. Then I hard wired a battery tender into the battery , and had to remove the storage compartment and fuel module ( a terrifying thought ) . Well that turned out to be too easy .. setting the cliock again was pretty cool too. Next I took the brake light out to replace with another one ,and it was a bit involved but a great learning experience , just like changing the fuel filter was .. So now I feel ready to tackle whatever might need doing in the years ahead .. 2021_1023_221314_001.JPG

Welcome to the Dark Side, as we say about K-Bikes. :ha I can't imagine just how different your K75 was than your Harley! But, differences can be a good thing. I have two K75's and was out for a short ride on one of them yesterday. Every time I ride either K75 I just grin, and grin. For me, that's a sure sign of a keeper!

Speaking of services, has anyone talked with you about the periodic greasing of the rear drive shaft splines?

Correcting a mistake. I sold my 2003 K1200gt a few years ago and always regretted it. Found this low-milage 2004 model only a few hours away and jumped on it. I've put about 2000 miles on it since giving it a little TLC (New tires, tank bag, new brake lines, fluids, a Garmin, Corbin, etc.). Really enjoy riding it.
BB9B41F9-7D8A-4B00-BD83-1A63ADD8C5D2_1_201_a.jpg598E5D3E-1D84-4C94-80EF-E1D5F87D9780_1_201_a.jpg

Correcting a mistake. I sold my 2003 K1200gt a few years ago and always regretted it. Found this low-milage 2004 model only a few hours away and jumped on it. I've put about 2000 miles on it since giving it a little TLC (New tires, tank bag, new brake lines, fluids, a Garmin, Corbin, etc.). Really enjoy riding it.
View attachment 86006View attachment 86007

Beautiful bike! I have a black 2003 RS which I bought new and will never part with because I've never ridden any other bike which comes close to the experience of a K1200RS/GT. Anything this smooth, this fast, and this effortless is very addictive. :dance

87 Red Brick

AMAZING!

It's been awhile since I've seen an '87 in the original Red Metallic that wasn't faded to that terrible copper rainbow color or repainted to a different color. I know yours was repainted to the original color. It looks great! How long ago was it repainted?

I have two '87Ss. One, serial #150005, is faded and needs to be repainted and the other, serial #150081, was repainted to Marrakesh Red about 15 years ago.

Lee, sorry about the late reply. Just moved back to CA to the SLO area after 28 yrs in suburban Philly. Great to be back, but was very busy since last posts with the move. The paint went on a month before the last move out to the East, Jul '93. The bike has been garaged it's entire life after the repaint but it looks a bit more scarred in person, although not too bad, as it was scraped a bit on the moving van on the way out there only a month after the paint job. The clear coat was not to my satisfaction as I think the guy skimped a bit on that portion of an otherwise wonderful paint job. Kari Prager (spelling?) was the owner of BMW Mountainview at the time and he recommended this young man to do the paint.
I think I was involved in another of your streams of the original K75S's that came here in the mid to late '80's. I think mine is #238 or somewhere there abouts. Saw it put together out of the crate at CC Cycle Salvage in Corpus Christi TX in 1986. It has been a fantastic bike, but still working on the odometer/speedometer problem I have had, and today got the brake warning light on steady on a ride to Home Depot. So, my spare time is now going to be learning a bit more attempting to rectify those issues on my own.
Also hope to tap into the Forum a bit more and get more familiar with the intricacies involved with it's navigation.

It has been a fantastic bike, but still working on the odometer/speedometer problem I have had, and today got the brake warning light on steady on a ride to Home Depot. So, my spare time is now going to be learning a bit more attempting to rectify those issues on my own.
Also hope to tap into the Forum a bit more and get more familiar with the intricacies involved with it's navigation.

Welcome back!

The brake warning light means you have either a burnt out taillight bulb, burnt out brake light bulb, bad front or rear brake light switches, or corroded sockets inside the taillight housing.

Start a new thread inside the main body of the Flying Brick section and we’ll get all your bike issues squared away.

Back