• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Post a Photo of your K-bike

1986 k-100rt

New to me this week, have always loved these old Bricks. Just 8300 on the clock

Attachments

• 42374641_10155820860093947_4985781410825502720_n.jpg
    42374641_10155820860093947_4985781410825502720_n.jpg
    168.2 KB · Views: 335
Beautiful! Congratulations on such a nice find!

Thank You, happy to have it for sure. Previous owner did some nice work getting all the rubber components changed out. Only one not done was the gas filler cap which will need to be replaced to avoid gas contamination. Clean bike never been down and mechanically sound.

That was a nice find. I talked to the seller a couple of times. Nice guy. If I was closer and had the time I would have bought it. You got a good one.

Al was great to meet and had nice input on this bike and it's history, looking forward to dropping a few hundred on it this weekend.

Supposed to be good weather for it. I'll be doing the same on one of my Airheads. My search for a K100/75 RT continues.

My 1992 K100RS16v

Bought her in 2015 with around 12k on the clock. Now nearing 14k (13.8k), should hit 14k by next weekend.

Riding her more and more, she's been a blast around this small college town. Time to get out and explore the state, and surrounding areas!

uYdQlML.jpg

K1100RS in Sequoia & Yosemite

2 more pics of the trip North.

Sequoia 2.jpeg
On the road in Sequoia National Park.

Half Dome.jpeg
View from near Glacier Point.

My 1987 K75S

Road this '87 K75S for 10 years. 5 cross-country rides. 130K when the speedo gave out. Probably another 20k before parked, 20 years ago, when I couldn't figure out how to mount a child safety seat.

Attachments

• K75S_IndianNationsTNPK2.jpg
    K75S_IndianNationsTNPK2.jpg
    258.3 KB · Views: 252
  • DSCN0591.jpg
    DSCN0591.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 251
My 1992 K75S

Child is now a Senior in college, rebuilding the 1987 K so dad found another K on Cycle Trader. Found this gently used classic 1 1/2 ago. (Thanks John in NC) Took a trip up the Rockies this year. The 30th anniversary of my first cross country ride in '88.

Attachments

• DSCN0800_rz.jpg
    DSCN0800_rz.jpg
    523.3 KB · Views: 249
  • DSCN0283.JPG
    DSCN0283.JPG
    443.3 KB · Views: 246
Child is now a Senior in college, rebuilding the 1987 K so dad found another K on Cycle Trader. Found this gently used classic 1 1/2 ago. (Thanks John in NC) Took a trip up the Rockies this year. The 30th anniversary of my first cross country ride in '88.

A very lucky (or smart) man to have owned two beautiful black Ss. If I can be of any help on your restoration of the '87, just send me a PM. I have a huge supply of S parts (new and used). I actually own 6 of them and work on dozens more for other people.

:dance:dance:dance

What kind of rear shock do you have there?

Thanks Lee

A very lucky (or smart) man to have owned two beautiful black Ss. If I can be of any help on your restoration of the '87, just send me a PM. I have a huge supply of S parts (new and used). I actually own 6 of them and work on dozens more for other people.

Been lucky on parts, so far, for the '87. However, I do have something I've been unable to find for the '92. Will PM.

Works Performance

What kind of rear shock do you have there?

Ahhh! Keen eye, there. One of the nice surprises not advertised by the seller. It's a Works Performance BMW K-Series (including Paralever)

Attachments

• bmwkWorks.pdf
    285.1 KB · Views: 11
Been lucky on parts, so far, for the '87. However, I do have something I've been unable to find for the '92. Will PM.
If Lee does not have what you need, check with me also. I buy a few K75 OEM parts I fear may not be available in the future.

Also check the Motobrick.com site.

ABS Support Bracket

If Lee does not have what you need, check with me also. I buy a few K75 OEM parts I fear may not be available in the future.

Also check the Motobrick.com site.

Thanks K75s,
The left ABS support bracket is broken. (34 52 1458015 - SUPPORT LEFT) I should be able to use the right bracket (as template) to fabricate a new left bracket. Or, wait for an ABS unit (with pieces and parts) to become available on EBay
Update - Lee found one hangin' around. My lucky day!

Last edited:
If I only had space for another bike , a K1 would be it.

I always thought the front fender in the pictures of K1s was ugly, but almost all pictures of K1s are from the side. When I finally saw one in person and looked at that fender the way the wind saw it, I finally got it.

Back