• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Post a Photo of your K-bike

Lee, it looks like you had a nicer day during your visit in '95.

Didn't want to work to attach a saucer to the bike so I tried 'stich sledding. Didn't work. Or maybe I'm too heavy. Had sand in the stich for the rest of the trip.

K_SLED.jpg

And another of the bike along with Michelle on her oilhead:

KM_Natches.jpg

It makes for fun trips when you have a wife who rides.

Awesome! I often think that 'his & hers' would be nice. I have a GS dream...

And it sure does make for fun. We've been riding together since '88. We could only afford one bike then, a Guzzi 500, and took turns riding it. She won't let me be a passenger any more (since '88!) but she is probably the only person I would ride behind...

Interesting "sparkplug cooling scoop".

More like a bug funnel. Came with the bike and I don’t have the original. Number one conversion starter for that bike, though. Right up there with ‘is that rtv holding your seat together?’ That original Corbin just works for me.

Best addition that I made was a Fox twin clicker.

Interesting "sparkplug cooling scoop".

It's made by CC Products, a division of San Jose (CA) BMW. They also made the fuel injector cover, but they discontinued that many years ago. I don't know if the scoop (which adds more cooling for the cylinder head) is still available.

San Jose BMW has been intencely involved in racing BMWs for decades. CC Products was an offshoot of those efforts.

:dance:dance:dance

Spark plug bug funnel. That's funny. :dance Spark plug bug funnel. I like saying it. Kinda rolls off your tongue. Not!

'95 K1100 RS
Didn't know anything about Kbricks, but the price was right and picked this up during a heat wave last week. 64,000 miles and it appears to be well sorted.
The PO is a friend, during the first ride I called and asked, how do I turn the heater off!

Kbrick.jpg
Bill

Last edited:
'95 K1100 RS
Didn't know anything about Kbricks, but the price was right and picked this up during a heat wave last week. 64,000 miles and it appears to be well sorted.
The PO is a friend, during the first ride I called and asked how to turn the heater off!

View attachment 69554
Bill

Google Johnny Blanket. It, along with some other mods allows me to ride my K75 in triple digits.

Google Johnny Blanket. It, along with some other mods allows me to ride my K75 in triple digits.

Thanks k75s & Ron, the bike is in great shape, and I will treat it as a rolling restoration like do my Airhead.
I have already found bags, the 1st thing that needs to be replaced is the right side mirror. (cracked)
Bill

Last edited:
Just my K75, sitting in the driveway.

Attachments

• Left Side SZ.jpg
    Left Side SZ.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 241
  • Right Full 2.jpg
    Right Full 2.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 241
  • Front 2.jpg
    Front 2.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 240
My K1100RS

1996 k1100rs se

Attachments

• IMG_20130525_110136_987.jpg
    IMG_20130525_110136_987.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 197
  • IMG_20130629_113321_763.jpg
    IMG_20130629_113321_763.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 197
  • IMG_20130629_113338_230.jpg
    IMG_20130629_113338_230.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 198
49 again.jpg

On highway 49 in Northern California.
1,982 miles in the last week, all but about 500 of em on Sierra Nevada backroads.
7 or 8 passes over 6,000 feet 3 of which were 9,000’ plus.
The new YSS shock worked fine, and the bike ran perfectly.
Great cool weather bike!
Bill

View attachment 70501
7/19/19 at the same location different bike, on the way home from an Airhead rendezvous in NorCal.

Attachments

• R100 Sierra Buttes.jpeg
    R100 Sierra Buttes.jpeg
    624.9 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:
On highway 49 in Northern California.
1,982 miles in the last week, all but about 500 of em on Sierra Nevada backroads.
7 or 8 passes over 6,000 feet 3 of which were 9,000’ plus.
The new YSS shock worked fine, and the bike ran perfectly.
Great cool weather bike!
Bill

Awesome Bill!!!!

Back