• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Post a Photo of your K-bike

Beautiful!!!

With such a perfect bike, you might want to protect the front face of the engine spoiler BEFORE it gets nicked up. Rocks, gravel, and sand will get picked up by the front tire and put nicks and pits in the paint.

A factory fender extension or an aftermarket FendExtenda helps a bit (PM me if you cann't find either), but the 3M paint protection film will keep the paint looking good much longer. You can pay a professional to install it or buy the film on Ebay and try it yourself. If you go the DIY route, buy enough film to do it several times as getting right on the first try isn't easy. I would suggest the factory extension AND the film.

:dance:dance:dance

Agreed - what a beautiful time machine you have! Ah, if we all could just go out and buy a new K75S, how sweet would that be? I also agree with Lee about both the fender extender and 3M film. I found it difficult to do a beautiful job with the film, but good enough that it didn't draw attention to itself, and it works very well to protect the paint. Enjoy your new ride!

I am trying to make mine look new again, your process was much easier!

Treehouse, what is the manufacturer/model of the tires on your K75S? I do not recognize that tread pattern.

Attachments

• Noels paintshop-K75 parts_30.jpg
    Noels paintshop-K75 parts_30.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 237
I'm looking at the pictures and noticed something. Is the cover over the exhaust pipe in the rear originally almost all chrome with a black tip? Mine (1991) is all black and I wonder if someone was a little too handy with a spray can, which seems to be the case on my bike. If it is actually chrome, I may try to remove the black paint to get it back to the original chrome.
On a similar note: what would be the suggested color of black to repaint the final drive and engine? Gloss or semi-gloss black paint? Thanks.

I'm looking at the pictures and noticed something. Is the cover over the exhaust pipe in the rear originally almost all chrome with a black tip? Mine (1991) is all black and I wonder if someone was a little too handy with a spray can, which seems to be the case on my bike. If it is actually chrome, I may try to remove the black paint to get it back to the original chrome.
On a similar note: what would be the suggested color of black to repaint the final drive and engine? Gloss or semi-gloss black paint? Thanks.

If you look carefully at the photo again, you will see that the heat shield is actually black. It's just so crazy clean and perfect that it reflects the flourecent lights just like a black car.

BMW did make both and chrome shields, but the Ss and most other K75s came with black. There were a few special editions that came with the chrome one.

Semi-gloss.

If you look carefully at the photo again, you will see that the heat shield is actually black. It's just so crazy clean and perfect that it reflects the flourecent lights just like a black car.

BMW did make both and chrome shields, but the Ss and most other K75s came with black. There were a few special editions that came with the chrome one.

Semi-gloss.

True, only the heat shield is semi-gloss black- good eye 98Lee.

I am trying to make mine look new again, your process was much easier!

Treehouse, what is the manufacturer/model of the tires on your K75S? I do not recognize that tread pattern.

The tires (front & rear) are Pirelli Phantom-1 Supersport, "V" rated
Yes, they are the original tires the bike was delivered with in 1990.

True, only the heat shield is semi-gloss black- good eye 98Lee.

I'm a little confused on this. Is the heat shield painted in semi-gloss and the rest of the black parts (engine, final drive, etc) all done in gloss? Or are all of those named parts done with semi-gloss, including the heat shield? Using gloss on older parts that aren't perfect anymore can really accentuate the defects, but I would use it if that's the way they came from the factory. Thanks.

I'm a little confused on this. Is the heat shield painted in semi-gloss and the rest of the black parts (engine, final drive, etc) all done in gloss? Or are all of those named parts done with semi-gloss, including the heat shield? Using gloss on older parts that aren't perfect anymore can really accentuate the defects, but I would use it if that's the way they came from the factory. Thanks.

All semi-gloss. Different semi-glosses have different levels of gloss. You just need to find the one that is as close as possible to the rest of your bike.

If the black (metal or plastic) is faded, try using some Stoner's Trim Shine on it. The results will amaze you. About $8 at O'Rielly's and other car parts places. Get the spray bottle, not the aerosol.

1995 k1100lt

My first BMW. It's definitely the beginning of the end of non-BMW bikes for me as far I can tell so far. I'm absolutely loving this thing, and every other BMW I have driven has been a dream. I'm looking to get an F650GS or something similar for my next ride.

FullSizeRender-1 2.jpg

Recently purchased. Had been placed into long-term storage by Amol Precision, a northern N.J. BMW dealer from back in the day before dealerships became botiques. Detailed receipt/work order describing what was done at that time.
Story goes like this: Wealthy owner moved to Hawaii & the Philippines, put bike into storage in 1992. Cousin resurrected the bike and sold it to me. 4, 630 original miles, original invoice, all the manuals, all the keys, all service receipt including the stamped service book.
This is my fourth K bike & hopefully a keeper! Catching up on maintenance now.
View attachment 67536

That's beautiful. I have a similar barn find. Mine has been in storage almost exclusively since 1990. I picked it up with only 841 original miles on the clock. Unfortunately, it wasn't carefully stored, as it appears a few thing fell against it and chipped the side fairings. But a little TLC will bring it back. Rides like a dream.

1990 K75s - 1 (1).jpg

K75sRight.jpg

Happy riding!

Wow! Two amazing examples of my favorite bike. As the original 4600 US spec. K75Ss dwindle to probably less than 3000, is hard to imagine that such perfect low mileage bikes still survive after 22-32 years.

Recently purchased. Had been placed into long-term storage by Amol Precision, a northern N.J. BMW dealer from back in the day before dealerships became botiques. Detailed receipt/work order describing what was done at that time.
Story goes like this: Wealthy owner moved to Hawaii & the Philippines, put bike into storage in 1992. Cousin resurrected the bike and sold it to me. 4, 630 original miles, original invoice, all the manuals, all the keys, all service receipt including the stamped service book.
This is my fourth K bike & hopefully a keeper! Catching up on maintenance now.

Very nice :thumb:thumb
I see you have it for sale.

Very nice :thumb:thumb
I see you have it for sale.

Yes, it's listed in the MOA marketplace, and a few other places ( not sure if I can mention them here)
It's just too sporty for my 67 year old frame. Rather than modify this unmolested survivor, I'm looking for a std K75 - no abs, full cases, stock BMW windshield if possible.
Trades anyone?

Not my bike(s), but saw this trio at the recent Spring Fling rally I attended in Natural Bridge, VA. I saw these the first evening but never saw them or their riders again. Would've liked to have chatted with them.

IMG_7805-L.jpg

K75s - xc

Here is my '91 going cross country last Sept/Oct:

Starting in San Diego (where it has lived since 2010 - I've owned it since '95):

K_SD.jpg

White Sands:

K_WS.jpg

Big Bend:

K_BB.jpg

And getting the battery replaced at the OK club's camp out:

K_OK.jpg

Back