• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Post a Photo of your K-bike

Spring fun in Montana

This is my 1981 K75s (the red one ) and my friend Sams bike ,a 1981 K75. We ride as much as we can and love it .

Attachments

• IMG_20140316_150110_739 (2).jpg
    IMG_20140316_150110_739 (2).jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 437
frostbite,

I guess the cold weather took 10 years off of your '91 K75S and Std..

Welcome to the forum.:wave

:dance:dance:dance

on my way home, in DC

I stopped yesterday on my way home from work and took a few photos of my '94 K75.

Attachments

• 1433384216015.jpg
    1433384216015.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 391
Macksburg Iowa March 2015

3-16-15_Ride_3_.JPG

back at home

I originally owned this bike in the early 2000's, started out red... modifications inlclude stainless steel break lines, SS fastener kit, Moto-Lights, Communication system, running lights, flashing brake light, Corbin seat, Center stand mod to allow 3 spoke wheels, bar end weights and the new color, fork gators, progressive fork springs. When I sold it, I asked the new owner give me first right of refusal, about 2 weeks ago he contacted me and a week later it's back at my house. Along with all the gear that went with the bike. I lived in Maryland then and so did he. He later moved to PA and then a few years ago so did I... Small world...

Attachments

• Bike 1.jpg
    Bike 1.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 302
I originally owned this bike in the early 2000's, started out red... modifications inlclude stainless steel break lines, SS fastener kit, Moto-Lights, Communication system, running lights, flashing brake light, Corbin seat, Center stand mod to allow 3 spoke wheels, bar end weights and the new color, fork gators, progressive fork springs. When I sold it, I asked the new owner give me first right of refusal, about 2 weeks ago he contacted me and a week later it's back at my house. Along with all the gear that went with the bike. I lived in Maryland then and so did he. He later moved to PA and then a few years ago so did I... Small world...

WOW!!! VERY nice.:thumb

Ss are my passion. I own 5 of them. I would own more if I had somewhere to park them.

Is that a '90 or '91?
(Actually, now that I reread your post and see that you changed to the three spoke wheels and it appears your brake pedal is black, that would make it an '88, right?)

Jim riding the 666

Here is a pic of me on the infamous devils hwy 666, renamed now to 191 in eastern Arizona (2006 K1200LT :)
jims BMW.jpg

tWZ2z3zqBLuc5L7RTEYDJ52SIN55CAaXAexDs4o1QEA=w1165-h988-no

I snapped this while I was stopped at Belle Grove Church somewhere in north Alabama/south Tennessee. I got in the hills around Huntland, TN and when I finally hit a four-lane, it was US72 between Scottsboro, AL and Gurley, AL. Great ride.

Finally Running and Registered

Folks,

Sooner or later I'll post a picture of it on the open road. But for now, after an eight month renovation effort, my 1985 K100RT is finally running, rolling and registered. 13,044 original miles before it sat for 15 years dry rotting in a car port. I knew the original owner; the mileage is real. Inside the grime everything was pristine. Original Starbaugs still on the splines. The work done was: remove the mouse nest from on top of the block, replace some mouse nibbled wires, pull for inspection the transmission and do a spline lube as long as I was in there, replace all the hoses, replace the brake lines, change all the fluids, buff with Headlight cleaner the original windscreen, and glass bead blast the oxidized aluminum when I could, wire brush the rest.

The results:
11701189_865132090208004_3897276346909243367_n.jpg

This winter I'll be pulling the fairings (again) and painting as close to the original color as I can get.

Very nice job. Now go ride it. It's amazing how much more enjoyable they are once you give them some love!:thumb

Did not care for the fairing or the 4 cyl. vibes, so looked for a K75 and found this in Conn...
2 owner bike, all maintenance up to date, two windshields, cases, etc...

Back