• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Post a Photo of your K-bike

'94 K75S Dakar Yellow

This is a new-to-me '94 K75S in the unusual Dakar Yellow paint. I'm told this color was only offered in 1994, and about 100 yellow bikes were sent to the USA. When I went through the bike yesterday, the Service Manual shows it was sold by A&S BMW in Roseville, CA. After the initial prep, the 600 mile service, and the 6K service, the only other work order I have is for the 12K service at A&S BMW in Mar '10. I called A&S and they didn't have any further records.

I bought it from a guy in San Rafael, CA and he says he changed all the fluids and adjusted the valves on a regular basis, but he didn't keep any service records. The bike has 36.5K miles on it now, I'm hoping to find out who did what to the bike between 12K and 36.5K. If anybody here happens to know anything about this bike, I'd love to hear from you.

This Summer I hope to get the bike in some scenic pictures on the way to the MOA Rally, and the bike will have a nicer background than the retaining wall!

Attachments

• 94_K75S_8x6.jpg
    94_K75S_8x6.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 287
Last edited:
This is a new-to-me '94 K75S in the unusual Dakar Yellow paint. I'm told this color was only offered in 1994, and about 100 yellow bikes were sent to the USA. When I went through the bike yesterday, the Service Manual shows it was sold by A&S BMW in Roseville, CA. After the initial prep, the 600 mile service, and the 6K service, the only other work order I have is for the 12K service at A&S BMW in Mar '10. I called A&S and they didn't have any further records.

The guy I bought it from is in San Rafael, CA and he says he changed all the fluids and adjusted the valves on a regular basis, so he didn't have any service records. The bike has 36.5K miles on it now, I'm hoping to find out who did what to the bike between 12K and 36.5K. If anybody here happens to know anything about this bike, I'd love to hear from you.

This Summer I hope to get the bike in some scenic pictures on the way to the MOA Rally, and the bike will have a nicer background that the retaining wall!

What a nice score! If the bike is as clean as it looks in this photo, you did well by yourself, and a <37k mileage K75 is hardly broken in. In that missing 24,000 miles there really shouldn't be all that much that has to be done, other then fluid changes. Valves will stay correct for far longer as a rule. Again - beautiful bike!

Terrific road and ice cream

Between Enterprise Oregon and Livingston Idaho. Really fun road and friendly people at the ice cream stop. There's a bit of a beach just next to the bridge which would be a treat on a hot day.

Attachments

• 4 August 2014 023.jpg
    4 August 2014 023.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 465

The guy I bought it from is in San Rafael, CA and he says he changed all the fluids and adjusted the valves on a regular basis, so he didn't have any service records. The bike has 36.5K miles on it now, I'm hoping to find out who did what to the bike between 12K and 36.5K. If anybody here happens to know anything about this bike, I'd love to hear from you.

This Summer I hope to get the bike in some scenic pictures on the way to the MOA Rally, and the bike will have a nicer background that the retaining wall!

Love that yellow! Nice bike.

k 1200

trying to load, holy crap it worked say hi to all the nice folks bonnie :wave:wave:wave

Attachments

• scott photos 071.jpg
    scott photos 071.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 394
Nice! I had an '88 K100RT as my first K-bike, and have four now: a K75S, K75 standard, K1, and K1200RS. The K12 can be the Devil's own machine if you and it are feeling a bit frisky. :evil

I like your quote "the devils own machine". I just replaced my 90 K75RT with an 04 K1200GT a couple weeks ago and am still getting used to it. IT CAN BE "the devils own machine" without too much effort on your part.:)

'86 RS w Turbo, '87 Motorsport, '90 K1 (new to me)

K LOVE; just did 3 days 875 miles on motorsport to Snowshoe W Va; flawless:wave

Attachments

• 3 K's.jpg
    3 K's.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 298
I posted some of these shots when I introduced myself, but when I cleaned up my Google+ photos, I accidently slaughtered that post. So I wanted to represent here.

My Motobrick is a 1993 model (31K when I bought her three years ago this August, still >40K), and was an S that had been low speed crashed and was missing a bunch of lower fairing and belly pan. I amputated the rest and went thru the usual fluid change/spline lube and ABS tail chasing that a lot of used K owners are familiar with. I finally gave up on and removed the ABS computer and modulators and went to stainless lines. Replaced rear shock with Progressive 412, rear tire with Shinko 705 Dual Sport, stuck a Dominator dual 4" headlight and windshield on Goldwing brackets and stuck em above the Drag Specialties 5 3/4" light and mounts I'd pulled out of the '"junk box" in the garage. I wired the Dominators "running light" to the blinkers, so when I use one signal or the other, that side's 4" headlight pulses also. I added fan relay switch, added hazard flasher switch, Danmoto Nano speedo/tach/indicators, Autometer trans temp gauge (sender on final drive, with low-profile sender that's arrived but not installed for the transmission, and I will fix toggle switch to use either sender on same gauge) and a little homemade dash out of the same material as radiator screen (visible in head-on shot and pre-flyscreen shot with lights on). The trans temp gauge thing is probably silly, but once I get good base line temps established, I hope they at least give me a little added confidence in a 25 year old bike when I start to go a couple hundred miles from home, and maybe some early warning about any future issues. Danmoto just had one red warning light, it has my overtemp and oil pressure warnings wired to it. My bike has been clutch-kill-overrode since I got it (its a grown up's bike), and I wired the neutral indicator green light up to my fuel warning, since that's all I got with an S. It has a blue high beam indicator. It also has turn yellow signal indicators. I have another single yellow indicator light. that I plan to re-wire the overheat light to, and leave the oil pressure warnings on the red light. But I've been riding too much to do it yet. Maybe when it gets cold. :) I cut up an old "John Deere" tag that used to be on the front of my truck and made a bugshield between the forks behind the bottom headlight, and below the top ones, to protect the wiring and front of the tank.

justgothome.jpg

nosetonose.jpg

headon.jpg

tvbhoNvRvXf6MWUENaVh054cJFE4sGMLREPMUx_A4ro=w789-h508-no

april15-2.jpg

onblocks.jpg

april15.jpg
redscreen.jpg

lightson.jpg

fcu2.jpg

lightsthrow.jpg

I've used parts that were economically priced. I know I could've gotten a better shock and tires, but I like these one for the money. So far. I am getting really close to $2500 in this project: bike, riding gear, parts, tags, insurance, beemer boneyard maint kits, premium fluids, everything but my time and gas and some scavenged free parts from past/future projects.
Comments welcome and appreciated on anything you've seen or heard in this post. Not much of a "build", but its what I've done. Thanks for looking.

Then just about the time I got her whipped into shape like I wanted I ran up on the '99 R1100RTP with 75K for another $2500. :dance

A blue bike among other things

At a charity ride this weekend. My K12GT and 300 of those other machines.

Attachments

• 24 May 2015 025.jpg
    24 May 2015 025.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 237
You're a better man than I to contend with 300 of "those other machines", even for a good cause. I've participated in some relatively short group rides like that and got the cure. :)

keep the K-Bike??

my new r1200rs is on its way! I am going to drop the 1996 k1100rs at the dealer for some work when I pick it up....question is, should I keep the k bike of sell it?? it runs well, has leaky forks, isn't perfect looking, but, hell, it's almost 20 yrs old with 55K on it. I don't have a garage so it will be in the back under a tarp. Fun enough to keep around??

Attachments

• FullSizeRender 2.jpg
    FullSizeRender 2.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 222
Back