• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Post a Photo of your K-bike

Adios, K75

Seen at Durango in '95

Attachments

• ripk75durango.jpg
    ripk75durango.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 2,655
Ok, my 1st post here and FINALLY have one terrific bike to ride. Rode in the 70's and now again in the 00's. Went through 2 bikes to arrive where I am now. Had a Harley Sportster and VRod.
Really pleased with this one. Has adj. susp., ABS, and heated grips.

bmwsmall2_small.jpg

My 05 K1200LT

detail

My 05 K1200LT. Bought by the wife of one year for our anniversary. "replace" a 78 R100/7. Which is under the blue cover behind the LT. The Lt is such a great bike. I am loving it. I have over 1800 miles in 3 weeks. We bought it from MAX BMW in NH.

lzyellodog said:
detail

My 05 K1200LT. Bought by the wife of one year for our anniversary. "replace" a 78 R100/7. Which is under the blue cover behind the LT. The Lt is such a great bike. I am loving it. I have over 1800 miles in 3 weeks. We bought it from MAX BMW in NH.
Congrats on the new Anniversary gift! (gee, I'll have to show this to my wife, for inspiration!) But there's a problem with the link. Possible to upload your pic direct to the thread, so we can all see?

Flagstaff in mid December, 04

I left Phoenix early to avoid the incoming weather!

Attachments

• Flagstaff.small.jpg
    Flagstaff.small.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 2,464
K1200RS Meets Lake Michigan

As they say, a picture is worth a thousand miles.....or something like that.

This picture was taken Near Sleeping Bear Dunes in Lower Michigan. The journey continued around the Northern 1/3 of beautiful Lake Michigan, over to the Door County Peninsula of Wisconsin. Unlimited quantity of good roads and great views of the lake.

Steve

Attachments

• BMW Forum (Medium).jpg
    BMW Forum (Medium).jpg
    63 KB · Views: 2,435
Last edited:
GS Tom said:
It runs from Mena, Arkansas (about 70 miles south of Fort Smith) westerly into Oklahoma near Talihina, OK. (Tali-Mena). It is a very scenic drive along the ridge of the beautiful Ouchita Mountains. There is an Arkansas State Park (Queen Wilhelmina SP) partway along the drive with a Lodge and camping. An excellent motorcycling destination- especially spring and fall. Here is the official link to the website with much more detail:

http://www.talimenascenicdrive.com/

:thumb

I got to ride that area for the first time this July on my way (long way around) from Idaho to Lima. Excellent roads, nice people - a great place to ride. :clap

MarkF said:
Now I wanna buy a K1! Love the Blue with Silver (or is it white) graphics. Saw a dark gray one once with not graphics, stunning. I want, I want, I want....

MarkF - they also came in blue and yellow. :dance

Attachments

• Tron_600.jpg
    Tron_600.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 2,418
GregFeeler said:
MarkF - they also came in blue and yellow. :dance

WOW!!! That is a beauty Greg. Are you bringing it to the RA Rally next year?
:wave

bmwmick said:
WOW!!! That is a beauty Greg. Are you bringing it to the RA Rally next year?
:wave

Thanks! I got it with only 11,000 mile on it for a good price. Couldn't resist. It's a sweet ride.

And yes, I'll have it at the rally. See, I'm one of the three Rally Chairs for the RA Rally and it's in Boise about six miles from my house. :p I have a friend who might fly in and I told him he could ride it if he did. Otherwise I'll ride it and my all original '72 /5.

GregFeeler said:
See, I'm one of the three Rally Chairs for the RA Rally and it's in Boise about six miles from my house.

I was over in CA the third week of Sept. This was at the bottom of Ocean Ave. in Carmel. Notice the Hella 450's? :) I'll collect that beer in Boise....I think.
This was taken at about 135K miles. :clap

Attachments

• IMG_3141_sm.jpg
    IMG_3141_sm.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 2,404
Last edited:
bmwmick said:
I was over in CA the third week of Sept. This was at the bottom of Ocean Ave. in Carmel. Notice the Hella 450's? :) I'll collect that beer in Boise....I think.

You make it and I'll make sure we have a cold one together! :buds

Back